Dazon Ingram (Committed to Alabama) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dazon Ingram (Committed to Alabama)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I think you missed the critical part of "not part of the long term picture."

He's saying you don't just take people you didn't recruit simply because they're available.
Thanks. Yes, this was my point.

Reaction Score
At this point, in my opinion, the last 2015 recruit we would take would be Bruce Brown if he reclassified. Other than that, think we'll just try to fill the last two scholarships with 5th year transfers.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Is Melvin Swift still available? And that hand clap? Guys are clones.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At this point, in my opinion, the last 2015 recruit we would take would be Bruce Brown if he reclassified. Other than that, think we'll just try to fill the last two scholarships with 5th year transfers.
Thank you. Obviously, this assumes we are out with Stone, too, correct?

And am I correct that for 2016 we presumptively have (a) Phil's and Omar's ships; plus (b) any taken this year by a 5th year transfer; plus (c) any early NBA jumps?

Reaction Score
Thank you. Obviously, this assumes we are out with Stone, too, correct?

And am I correct that for 2016 we presumptively have (a) Phil's and Omar's ships; plus (b) any taken this year by a 5th year transfer; plus (c) any early NBA jumps?
Pretty sure Stone will end up elsewhere, but I don't think anyone can really say anything with confidence about Stone.

Here's a scholarship breakdown for the next few years too. We should have at least 4 scholarships open for the 2016-2017 year:

FYqNNiE.png

caw

Reaction Score
Pretty sure Stone will end up elsewhere, but I don't think anyone can really say anything with confidence about Stone.

Here's a scholarship breakdown for the next few years too. We should have at least 4 scholarships open for the 2016-2017 year:

FYqNNiE.png

Assuming no one else is added except 5th year transfers.

16-17 is two minimum. If we fill the last two this year with freshmen/non-5th year transfers.

Reaction Score
I think we should start going after the elite transfer players more often. It really seems to be working for programs like Iowa State. I feel like we treat it as a secondary option, but bringing in guys, even for a year, who are ready to contribute in a big way on day 1, is a good way to quickly make improvements. I REALLY like what I've seen from John Brown at High Point, and he'd be my top target at the moment.

Reaction Score
Ingram's a big-time athlete and has some skills (good vision, decent handle), but look at how low & slow his jumper is. That thing's going to need a total reconstruction once he's on campus (whichever campus that is) with no guarantee of long-term adequacy. He makes TSam look like Shabazz.

Reaction Score
Ingram's a big-time athlete and has some skills (good vision, decent handle), but look at how low & slow his jumper is. That thing's going to need a total reconstruction once he's on campus (whichever campus that is) with no guarantee of long-term adequacy. He makes TSam look like Shabazz.
Let's not go that far

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We need players sure, but not Ingram. Nych Smith would be one thing because we need someone who can handle and distribute badly. But if we're going to get someone in Ingram's mold, we'd only want a high level recruit who can come in and be an eventual impact starter. That would be someone like Bruce Brown. Ingram is probably a career role player here.

Reaction Score
I think we should start going after the elite transfer players more often. It really seems to be working for programs like Iowa State. I feel like we treat it as a secondary option, but bringing in guys, even for a year, who are ready to contribute in a big way on day 1, is a good way to quickly make improvements.

Isn't this what we did with Purvis? Wasn't he considered an elite transfer?

I agree with the sentiment that if we need a warm body, get a 5th year or a JUCO, who will tie up a scholarship for at most 2 years. We can't afford to tie up more of our scholarships for 4 years with guys who won't contribute at a high level.

(In the past, sprinkling in a few of this type was not a problem and was even beneficial in some cases as those players contributed late in their career, e.g. Donnell Beverly. In our current situation, in which much of the roster is already closer to "warm body" than "high level contributor", we can't afford more of the former for 4 years.)

Reaction Score
So talked to my boss on the Wisconsin hoops booster board.

Apparently rumor is circulating that Under Armor paid Diamond Stone and his family out the and he's going to Maryland.

Reaction Score

FYqNNiE.png
Looks like 2016 we will be loaded if DH stays in school- the timing seems very "UCONNish". Hmmm.

DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
Looks like 2016 we will be loaded if DH stays in school- the timing seems very "UCONNish". Hmmm.

DOOMED!!!

With our 4-year players (Brimah, Facey, Purvis, Samuel, Cassell) as experienced seniors and hopefully developed to their full (high) potential, led by stud junior Hamilton and stud sophomore Adams, with role player bigs Lubin and Enoch, and hopefully some explosive freshmen from the class of 2016, we could be very, very good.

But that relies on a lot of "ifs" in terms of development, staying in school, and recruiting.

Putting on my Chief hat: quite frankly, that year will be critical for us in terms of re-establishing ourselves as a national power and a near-perennial contender after an up-and-down (despite the chips) preceding 6-7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom