Dayton Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Dayton Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So ... they got the win which is a positive, but against Dayton - I mean, if you take away the first second and fourth quarters we only beat them by one point. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but that kind of thing is going to bite us against better teams! :rolleyes::cool:
I think you need to take away Lou's lucky 29 also. Against a decent team they lose by "double digets" (sic)

Reaction Score
Also Gabby only had 19 and 11, but they allowed her to use both hands tonight. Against real teams we all know she will be forced to play in a potato sack with one arm tied behind her back while being spotted 3 fouls.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Fun game to watch. Plenty of really good plays on both ends of the floor. Crystal Dangerfield is the real deal danger, indeed. Phee is so much better in the low block, and KLS has expanded her moves repetoire at the rim. Turnovers, weak passing, and defensive rotations still pop up once and then, but overall this team seems to be getting better in all respects.

Reaction Score
Fun game to watch. Plenty of really good plays on both ends of the floor. Crystal Dangerfield is the real deal danger, indeed. Phee is so much better in the low block, and KLS has expanded her moves repetoire at the rim. Turnovers, weak passing, and defensive rotations still pop up once and then, but overall this team seems to be getting better in all respects.
Hammer out "Danger!" Hammer out a warning all over this wcbb land.

Reaction Score
I only caught the final 7:00 minutes on radio, but looking at this thread and the scoreboard and listening to CD afterwards: who's always so wonderfully calm and precise and understated and who emphasized that they had to play 4 different styles against 4 different teams and that they haven't had a chance to really teach the past 2 weeks because they've been game planning, but that they can now run a mini-clinic and make some progress....all I can say is "wow!". A month ago, could we have honestly imagined that they would show this much promise so soon in the season?

Reaction Score
You realize that this is NOT a pro team, right? Give these young women a break! This is one of the best, if not the best game that they have played this Season in my opinion...intense defense, movements, assists... the whole nine yards. Did they make some mistakes, off course, but that is to be expected. Not being personal here but sometimes it is wise to just enjoy young women playing good "College" basketball, warts and all. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
So ... they got the win which is a positive, but against Dayton - I mean, if you take away the first second and fourth quarters we only beat them by one point. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but that kind of thing is going to bite us against better teams! :rolleyes::cool:

Reaction Score
I only caught the final 7:00 minutes on radio, but looking at this thread and the scoreboard and listening to CD afterwards: who's always so wonderfully calm and precise and understated and who emphasized that they had to play 4 different styles against 4 different teams and that they haven't had a chance to really teach the past 2 weeks because they've been game planning, but that they can now run a mini-clinic and make some progress....all I can say is "wow!". A month ago, could we have honestly imagined that they would show this much promise so soon in the season?
Definite signs of improvement each game. That's how you know you have good coaches. I think our most effective line up is Crystal Dangerfield, Kia, KLS, Gabby, and Collier. Crystal Dangerfield is going to get the bulk of the PG minutes from here on out as it seems like Chong starts the first 3-4 minutes of the halves and is quickly replaced.

Reaction Score
You realize that this is NOT a pro team, right? Give these young women a break! This is one of the best, if not the best game that they have played this Season in my opinion...intense defense, movements, assists... the whole nine yards. Did they make some mistakes, off course, but that is to be expected. Not being personal here but sometimes it is wise to just enjoy young women playing good "College" basketball, warts and all. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I'm thinking the 2 smilies are suggesting a somewhat different message....
And Happy Thanksgiving also!

Reaction Score
............. SMH!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Guess you missed the comments about the LSU game, where if you ignored the first half and especially the second quarter, we would have barely squeaked by. It was a 'funny' post trying to ridicule those who posted the doom and gloom about a 23 point win.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Guess you missed the comments about the LSU game, where if you ignored the first half and especially the second quarter, we would have barely squeaked by. It was a 'funny' post trying to ridicule those who posted the doom and gloom about a 23 point win.
I just knew you would have this problem....not enough silly emoticons I guess.

Reaction Score
Things went better at Gampel than at ND's game where the lights went out and now they are going to finish the game in another school's gym.

Reaction Score
Ahhh, I should listen to the wife more when she says to read between the lines.......my apologies. You know in my part of the World (Brisbane, Australia) your emoticons are all in the opposite direction...lol!
Btw, its a balmy 30 C (86 F) on Wednesday afternoon in my neck of the woods. I wish I could "Carnac" and say Wednesday (which I have seen) is going to be beautiful and balmy for you....but nah, I am suitably inadequate for that.
Cheers!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Does Saniya not have a pull up jumper? I never noticed.
She has all of these offensive weapons she seems hesitant to use. Its gotten to the point watching her leave me saddened.

Reaction Score
I just knew you would have this problem....not enough silly emoticons I guess.
You need a new emoticon:

sticker,375x360.png

Reaction Score
Seriously! Come on- they play FOUR quarters! Good grief- using that logic, games would have all kind of crazy outcomes-

Reaction Score
She has all of these offensive weapons she seems hesitant to use. Its gotten to the point watching her leave me saddened.
You are right. I wish she can make a shoot as soon as she was wide open.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
You are right. I wish she can make a shoot as soon as she was wide open.
I starting to wonder if she's have health issues again.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Things went better at Gampel than at ND's game where the lights went out and now they are going to finish the game in another school's gym.
And I thought that Gampel was falling apart! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits