Day of Recogning | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Day of Recogning

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Son-of-a- gun---you read my mind. It is not the search that's important because there are a dozen in lower Siberia that fit the bill. The only question is: how much is Geno willing to pay them? Real talent isn't cheap.

No ballerina please, it hurt my feet to watch them "en-point"; Steff could never be accused of that. Pirouette' along with the 5 positions would be hard for Steff to accomplish; now ONO could probably do all that.

Of course this fits more with the Mulkey comments --although Griner only had 7'5 " wing spread but that's close to your 10 ft. Except for a poor really poor performance (facetious) against Louisville she'd have had another NC.

Do you think Uconn could use her?

"Where have you gone, Ivana Stepovaya, Huskie Nation turns its' lonely eyes to you... boo-hoo-hoo"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"Where have you gone, Ivana Stepovaya, Huskie Nation turns its' lonely eyes to you... boo-hoo-hoo"
Pinoooooooooooooooot.

7zkH6AP.png

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Youse guys is dense. It was a joke about Geno being God.
When you have to explain a joke, it loses its punch! When people are as sensitive as some have been here lately, one needs to tell them you are kidding. Ask Olddude if you can borrow his rejoinder, "Das vas Joke" . BTW, I thought it was pretty apparent where you were heading. :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Pretty darn funny for a silly ol' bear. For that I award you three pick-in-ick baskets. :p

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
When you have to explain a joke, it loses its punch! When people are as sensitive as some have been here lately, one needs to tell them you are kidding. Ask Olddude if you can borrow his rejoinder, "Das vas Joke" . BTW, I thought it was pretty apparent where you were heading. :rolleyes:
It seems that some here aren’t familiar with the concept of Geno as god even in a thread where it’s been mentioned. Oy vey.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Not sure if this is parody. Im hoping it’s a play on words. I’m an atheist and if your comment is your true feeling it’s insulting and ridiculous...
It is neither parody nor is it a play on words. It is almost assuredly comedic, leaning toward satire. And so it is not really insulting, as its purpose was to entertain, not mock. Strange , but i have often found atheists to have a sense of humor. You may be the exception that proves the rule. ;);););)

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Until I got your last sentence, I was thinking "I didn't know Meyers was bi-polar."
Really, I thought it was obvious! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So you think THE Holly Warlick will take UCONN's head coaching job?! Really!!!???

Only that would eclipse the stupidity of appointing the clip board carrier as Pat's replacement. And are we not as a species always seeking to achieve more, in any category, no matter how absurd?

Reaction Score
Recruiting is a lot like baseball. A very good baseball player will reach base safely 3 out of 10 times. Which means a very good hitter fails 7 out of 10 times; Fails more than twice as many times as he succeeds. Coach Auriemma as a coach/recruiter is consistently batting .400. His recruiting methods, as outlined in his book, probably needs a little tweeking. But as Coach K has done, so will Coach Auriemma.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The law of averages. The last JUCO player who made a difference was maybe Shannon Bobbitt about 12 years ago.
Danielle Adams?
There is a couple of JUCO prospects that could help IMO.

Reaction Score
Why No to JUCO players? Just curious.

Geno is not a JUCO guy. He's had 2; neither of which worked. I bet highly he doesn't try that again.

With more and more transfers getting to play right away, that seems like a more likely scenario.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno is not a JUCO guy. He's had 2; neither of which worked. I bet highly he doesn't try that again.
With more and more transfers getting to play right away, that seems like a more likely scenario.
Times they are a changing. A few years ago Geno was not much of a transfer guy. Two years ago UCONN had 3 transfers on the roster.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Mixed results on the recent transfers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members