Dawn Staley Award Winner | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Dawn Staley Award Winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Since SC finished the season #1 yes Harris should be credited for that.
Massey has Oregon as #1. I hope you do read English.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why is this still on the UConn Women's Basketball thread and not in the General Women's Basketball thread. All we have hear is a bunch of Gamecock's trying to justify a sham nomination. Let them argue it in the General or on their own boards.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Why is this still on the UConn Women's Basketball thread and not in the General Women's Basketball thread. All we have hear is a bunch of Gamecock's trying to justify a shame nomination. Let them argue it in the General or on their own boards.
I vote for your second option but I am in the minority because it is BY tradition to accept fans of other schools to post basically anything and everything. (As do Huskie fans, so...)
So be it.

Reaction Score
You do realize that team success is weighed in these decisions. Tiffany Mitchell has had a better career than 3 of the 4 players you listed. .
I think you didn't read my post since I mentioned 3 guards who could have been alternatives the year Mitchell won as a junior: ND's Loyd (Unanimous AA) and UConn's KML & Jefferson (2015 Lieberman winner) who all clearly had better team success and I believe career than Mitchell. I also said Mitchell was a worthy winner since she was a 1st team AA that year even if others could have been chosen. I used the WNBA reference (which is where you got the 3 of 4) to point out every OTHER (non SC) award winner was drafted no worse than 3rd while Mitchell was 9th (maybe justifiably because if injury). We are pretty certain Harris will not be drafted top 3 and she will be healthy. Harris is clearly the choice that diminishes the award,

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just can't even muster more than a semi-apathetic shrug for these awards debates, knowing we should in the throes of the middle weekend of the NCCAs, which for me is the most exciting 5-6 days of the year. Sigh

1584745849573.png

Reaction Score
I've never actually seen South Carolina and Oregon fans argue, to be honest.
We were all just hoping to play it on the court...as the panda sighs.

As for this award, we know Sabrina doesn't care. She's already got her conference POY award, her 2nd conference tourney MVP, multiple consensus AAs including her recent unanimous AP AA, and she will most likely be WNBA #1 draft choice. Those were all things Jewell Loyd of ND achieved when the last SC player won this award. We know Harris will achieve none of this but at least she will have this award. We will see who gets all the other awards that truly matter.

Reaction Score
SC fans confuse me. The AP says they were the best team and they want to hang a banner as national champs. AP does not put Harris on the first or second team but they believe the Staley award was correct in naming her college guard of the year. I guess the AP knows more about teams than individual players.

Reaction Score
And Harris struggled against Maryland, Indiana, and South Dakota, all top-25 teams.

Oregon would be an upgrade over the Indiana team that beat South Carolina by 15!
Seems like you are cherry picking. Check the stats of a number of Ionescu less than stellar games before you throw a few out for only Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom