Davis & Gray Declare for the Draft | The Boneyard

Davis & Gray Declare for the Draft

Reaction Score
This makes me very happy.

I discussed this in a prior thread that Davis was very possibly going to declare.

Its her best chance to be a very high pick. Next year's class includes some big timers such as Gabby and Asja.

Reaction Score
This was expected as players have to declare within 24 hrs of the end of their season. They have a week to rescind. They both may go or one may go, but to even consider this, they have to declare. This gives them to chance to get good information and then weigh all of their options.

Reaction Score
Forgive my ignorance, but are Gray and Davis eligible by age, or did they red shirt for injury/transfer? I don't follow this stuff in great detail.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Forgive my ignorance, but are Gray and Davis eligible by age, or did they red shirt for injury/transfer? I don't follow this stuff in great detail.
They transferred after 2 seasons and sat out their 3rd year. Gray played at UNC with Diamond et al., and Davis played at Ga. Tech.

Reaction Score

They both were transfers. Davis from GA Tech and Gray for North Carolina.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I like this because it increases the quality of player that will still be available for the Lynx at #12 in the 1st round.

The latest mock draft had them taking Erica McCall. I would have been surprised if Erica was available at the #12 spot. She can really run and is quite agile and quick for her size (6'3" - 6'4").

With KD declaring, that is at least one player who could very well go in the first round before Erica. Not that she has set the world on fire in her college career, but she has upside. Gray could also potentially go in the 1st round, but not sure. She showed flashes of impressive play for sure.

Anyway, I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to see the Lynx get Erica McCall. They sorely need youth and depth at the PF/C spot. The odds of her being available at #12 just increased slightly.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Who will start for Dawn next year?

Wilson, of course
Tyasha Harris also seems a lock
Cuevas-Moore?
Harrigan?
Cliney?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Given the overall weakness of this year's WNBA draft after Plum, Gray & Davis could both be top 5 picks, and almost certainly will be top 10 picks.

While they may still have an opportunity to rescind their decision, I expect both have already evaluated the situation and understand that their best opportunity is this year rather than next when the draft will be loaded.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I like this because it increases the quality of player that will still be available for the Lynx at #12 in the 1st round.

The latest mock draft had them taking Erica McCall. I would have been surprised if Erica was available at the #12 spot. She can really run and is quite agile and quick for her size (6'3" - 6'4").

With KD declaring, that is at least one player who could very well go in the first round before Erica. Not that she has set the world on fire in her college career, but she has upside. Gray could also potentially go in the 1st round, but not sure. She showed flashes of impressive play for sure.

Anyway, I would REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like to see the Lynx get Erica McCall. They sorely need youth and depth at the PF/C spot. The odds of her being available at #12 just increased slightly.

Unfortunately thats all she can do :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have to say that if there was one team that I was a little worried about next year as potentially being able to challenge the loaded Husky team, it was SC. Now, not so much. SC will be good, but losing Gray & Davis brings them back to the pack in the SEC with MS St and maybe TN.

Reaction Score
Hold your Horses! It's certainly hasn't been made official and neither Allish or Kaela stated the allegations are true, so we'll just have to see what happens.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Who will start for Dawn next year?

Wilson, of course
Tyasha Harris also seems a lock
Cuevas-Moore?
Harrigan?
Cliney?

Alexis Jennings, Kentucky transfer. Likely starter next to Wilson in the frontcourt.

Reaction Score
Christyn Williams may include SCAR on her list of school choices now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom