David Wingett Receives Offer From Memphis | The Boneyard

David Wingett Receives Offer From Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Never ideal to take over a program on the back end of a recruiting season... But that said...

Homeboy's got hops... He can definitely dunk..

Eh - he is good at swinging on the rim and the orangutan-length arms help, but he’s never getting that high off the ground. And our boy needs a mile of space to gather himself before he dunks.

This ain’t Kwintin Williams or Kassoum Yakwe out there - that kind of guy eyeballs the rim. Wingett eyeballs the bottom of the net.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Eh - he is good at swinging on the rim and the orangutan-length arms help, but he’s never getting that high off the ground. And our boy needs a mile of space to gather himself before he dunks.

This ain’t Kwintin Williams or Kassoum Yakwe out there - that kind of guy eyeballs the rim. Wingett eyeballs the bottom of the net.
Fishy you are funny.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There’s a video on YouTube of Wingett and Bull City playing Oak Hill. (He plays for Bull City’s HS team, not the post-grad team.)

Nothing happens for him - there are no dunks against the big kids.

He’s not one of the better athletes on the floor and he’s too weak to present any impediment on defense. He has Tyler Polley’s offensive game - he’s a skinny kid who can shoot, but he’s not strong enough to do much past that.

He’s not remotely ready to play in even the AAC. But it’s May, which is the silly season for unsigned recruits, and that’s how you go from Delaware State and Maryland-Eastern Shore offers one week and Memphis and Auburn the next.

Reaction Score
There’s a video on YouTube of Wingett and Bull City playing Oak Hill. (He plays for Bull City’s HS team, not the post-grad team.)

Nothing happens for him - there are no dunks against the big kids.

He’s not one of the better athletes on the floor and he’s too weak to present any impediment on defense. He has Tyler Polley’s offensive game - he’s a skinny kid who can shoot, but he’s not strong enough to do much past that.

He’s not remotely ready to play in even the AAC. But it’s May, which is the silly season for unsigned recruits, and that’s how you go from Delaware State and Maryland-Eastern Shore offers one week and Memphis and Auburn the next.
That all may be true but let me know when Polley or any of our players is shooting 75% on threes in an empty gym let alone in any games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That all may be true but let me know when Polley or any of our players is shooting 75% on threes in an empty gym let alone in any games.

Tyler Polley would look like Super Man playing against the scrapple present in Wingett’s highlight videos.

So stop.

Reaction Score
Tyler Polley would look like Super Man playing against the scrapple present in Wingett’s highlight videos.

So stop.
The kid had a good stat line against an Oak Hill team (#3 in the country) full of top 50 recruits. I'm gonna have to disagree that Polley would look like Superman against that competition.

So stop.

Reaction Score
Maybe the reason for him getting these offers is because he is putting up big numbers for a big AAU program and not his Nebraska highlight tapes.

Reaction Score
Mizzou has offered.

"Hardaway said last month that he would like to bring in another shooter to fill the last open scholarship on the roster. But the Tigers aren’t the only ones interested in adding a player of Wingett’s caliber late in the recruiting process. Auburn, Missouri and Wichita State all recently joined more than 20 mid-major schools that have offered Wingett."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/st...nal-memphis-basketball-roster-spot/567116002/

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
31175-b46f7abea3cf87e6859ac59e69df8515.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 54

QDOG5

Reaction Score
He's the Adam Morrison of Nebraska small school bball. Their release positions are similar

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's the Adam Morrison of Nebraska small school bball. Their release positions are similar

So a future NPOY candidate...hmmm.

QDOG5

Reaction Score
So a future NPOY candidate...hmmm.
I'm not going there. I have no idea how well he'll do in college. I'm cheering for the kid, nothing more nothing less.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I call him Joe Ingles.

Well, I don’t, but you get it.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm not going there. I have no idea how well he'll do in college. I'm cheering for the kid, nothing more nothing less.

I was just kidding. But I wouldn't put anything past David Wingett at this point. I don't think you can.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
This guy is actually one helluva story, not too many kids make it off the Rez.
Forgive me, I must have missed a crucial post on Wingett. How do we know he's Native American?

Reaction Score
Forgive me, I must have missed a crucial post on Wingett. How do we know he's Native American?
Because he is Native American, he's from the Winnebago Reservation in Nebraska.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why, but I am rooting for this kid to be really good like no other kid that I've never had any attachment to before. Perhaps it's just that I want to see him prove all the doubters wrong.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why, but I am rooting for this kid to be really good like no other kid that I've never had any attachment to before. Perhaps it's just that I want to see him prove all the doubters wrong.

So you've just guaranteed that he proves himself really good by scoring 40 against us. Thanks.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm slightly confused here- is there a reason why half the posts in here (including the OP) have been removed from the thread?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'm slightly confused here- is there a reason why half the posts in here (including the OP) have been removed from the thread?

I think the entire 1st page got deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom