David Onuorah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did we have a chance to make the tournament up until our last game? Yes. So why play worse players? You play to win the game man.

Just making the tournament would have done way more for the program than the 'development' of lesser players.

If you mail it in, you're soft. And you signal to all incoming players that the best players don't get to play. You don't have to earn your PT in practice.

Yes a few games in tournament (although completely delusional to think this team was going anywhere) play the best, especially to respect the seniors I agree. I'm talking about the last 50-25% of the season these guys could have got more playing time. Really how much more talented were the upper class-man anyway?

Reaction Score
In CBB your never out of it. This isnt the NBA. You can be 0-22 but if you win your conference tourney your in

I would look a little more towards future than getting knocked out in play in game. Sometimes you need to play the odds not a hope and a dream. But once again I'm not focusing on tournament as much as I am regular season. To your point you can go 0-22, so why not.

Reaction Score
Yes a few games in tournament (although completely delusional to think this team was going anywhere) play the best, especially to respect the seniors I agree. I'm talking about the last 50-25% of the season these guys could have got more playing time. Really how much more talented were the upper class-man anyway?

I think there is a time and a place to apply that logic, and I've been a proponent of it in the past, but I'm not sure last season was a great case study. Enoch wasn't in good enough physical condition to play 25-30 minutes a game even if we wanted him to and he picked up fouls at a high rate. I believe Ollie handled that situation properly in rolling him out there for a handful of minutes each half and giving him the chance to stick. The idea that Enoch didn't benefit from the open pockets of minutes is unfounded - he wouldn't have played at all on our better teams.

Durham is a bit of a different story because the team never seemed to suffer with him on the court. But I always assumed his minutes were being managed because of injuries.

And I know the yard won't want to here it but Facey and Brimah were good players for us last year. They weren't putting us over the top but they weren't really holding us back, either - place those two guys on next years team or the 2014 team and it's a whole other ball game.

Reaction Score
IMG_4824.PNG
He just committed baby

Reaction Score
Hat tip to Shonn Miller, who I'm sure was a big help here. He's a rebounder and rim protector which we really needed.

I also wouldn't doubt it if his offensive numbers look much better here. Cornell has an absolutely putrid offense, even by our standards. Miller's numbers at UConn were the best of his career by 30%.

Much needed commitment here.

Reaction Score
DK just followed this kid. 6'9" PF/C. I believe is in the same situation as Shonn Miller was where he played for an Ivy league school (Cornell) and was injured and does not have another year left in the Ivy. So he would be a grad transfer. Did put up great numbers through his career but he's a big strong looking post player which we need.

Hey now!! Another 6'9" body! Hope he's a Shonn Miller fellas! Stay thirsty my friends!

DK just followed this kid. 6'9" PF/C. I believe is in the same situation as Shonn Miller was where he played for an Ivy league school (Cornell) and was injured and does not have another year left in the Ivy. So he would be a grad transfer. Did put up great numbers through his career but he's a big strong looking post player which we need.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's real crazy, no sports team do that when their team is out of it.. No one is saying to start the season with a less talent guy for development. The "insignificant cohort" point was if you're losing with the guys who are playing (Facey, Brimah, Purvis) why not get some additional time for the younger guys who we thought would be key contributors the following year (Durham, Enoch, Jackson). Yes development it does exist and hope it will again at UConn!

In college basketball, you are never out of it. Conference tournament.

Reaction Score

What upperclassmen are you talking about? Obviously Vance played a lot.

I assume you are thinking of Brimah versus Enoch. Enoch let guards by him for easy layups. You had to put Brimah back in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom