David Onuorah | The Boneyard

David Onuorah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
DK just followed this kid. 6'9" PF/C. I believe is in the same situation as Shonn Miller was where he played for an Ivy league school (Cornell) and was injured and does not have another year left in the Ivy. So he would be a grad transfer. Did put up great numbers through his career but he's a big strong looking post player which we need.

pj

Reaction Score
Pedestrian stats, but we have free scholarships so it costs nothing to bring him in. Experienced depth is a good thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Pedestrian stats, but we have free scholarships so it costs nothing to bring him in. Experienced depth is a good thing.

It's a body to bang with in practice at the very least. Which they really do need.

Reaction Score
DK just followed this kid. 6'9" PF/C. I believe is in the same situation as Shonn Miller was where he played for an Ivy league school (Cornell) and was injured and does not have another year left in the Ivy. So he would be a grad transfer. Did put up great numbers through his career but he's a big strong looking post player which we need.

Important typo in here. Should be "did NOT put up great numbers", instead of "did put up great numbers". Topped out at 5 ppg.

That said, sign him up. We need bodies and a body that takes up 1 year of scholarships is ideal. The Ivy League background is a plus as well.

Reaction Score
Important typo in here. Should be "did NOT put up great numbers", instead of "did put up great numbers". Topped out at 5 ppg.

That said, sign him up. We need bodies and a body that takes up 1 year of scholarships is ideal. The Ivy League background is a plus as well.
You are correct, sir. Meant not great. I do think he could be a valuable asset especially making up for our lack of rim protection. Our post production is going to be more based around how the platoon produces rather than individuals anyways. Just need big bodies.

Reaction Score
If this guy comes here, all of the people who called Brimah a zero offensively are going to learn what a zero offensively really is.

But I'd gladly take him - the numbers he posted are about as good as you can hope for at this point in the process, and while it helps to have somebody who is a threat to score at the five, I'd rather work around that than the alternative. If he comes here, dude is going to be setting so many screens for Jalen Adams that he's going to start following him into the shower out of habit.

Reaction Score
Not sure if they know each other, but it looks like him and Alrerique are both from Lithonia, Georgia. Kinda crazy because literally 2,000 people live there

Actually -- I think David is legit from there, but Rique just went to school there. Still could have some sort of connection

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I guess he's fine for depth, but I hope we'd try starting Cobb or Carlton first. We need to start developing our future bigs earlier, and I'm not sure if there's gonna be much of a drop off from this kid too Carlton.

Reaction Score
The crazy thing is, there's a not insignificant cohort of boneyarders who think this should not be the case. In the name of development.

Yeah it's real crazy, no sports team do that when their team is out of it.. No one is saying to start the season with a less talent guy for development. The "insignificant cohort" point was if you're losing with the guys who are playing (Facey, Brimah, Purvis) why not get some additional time for the younger guys who we thought would be key contributors the following year (Durham, Enoch, Jackson). Yes development it does exist and hope it will again at UConn!

Reaction Score
Yeah it's real crazy, no sports team do that when their team is out of it.. No one is saying to start the season with a less talent guy for development. The "insignificant cohort" point was if you're losing with the guys who are playing (Facey, Brimah, Purvis) why not get some additional time for the younger guys who we thought would be key contributors the following year (Durham, Enoch, Jackson). Yes development it does exist and hope it will again at UConn!
In CBB your never out of it. This isnt the NBA. You can be 0-22 but if you win your conference tourney your in

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Did we have a chance to make the tournament up until our last game? Yes. So why play worse players? You play to win the game man.

Just making the tournament would have done way more for the program than the 'development' of lesser players.

If you mail it in, you're soft. And you signal to all incoming players that the best players don't get to play. You don't have to earn your PT in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom