David Onuorah commits to uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah commits to uconn

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Glad to see the Huskies add some depth and some options. Let the big guys we now have fight it out for time on the floor. I hope it's Cobb to start the year (and finish the year if he shows significant progression)! But maybe Onuorah will bring a real interior presence for a year. Just read the thing about his being an abysmal free throw shooter, which devalues him some. I hope he can be smart in playing great positional defense.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there is absolutely no drawback to taking this kid. We are desperate for options in the front court. This kid has played more minutes then all of our other big men put together.

Carlton might be a legit center in the future, but there is zero chance he is ready to start from day one.

Reaction Score
2 years ago he averaged 5pts, almost 7 boards, and 1.6 blocks in 20 minutes a game on less than 4 attempts a game. Abysmal free throw shooter.
7 boards, 2 blks is good, who cares about his scoring average as long as he can dunk/finish what he should. FT is bad, maybe he can improve. What I'm asking is, was he a highly regarded player in the Ivy League?

Reaction Score
Solid pickup, especially with Cobb not being much of a rim protector. This also helps limit Whaley's minutes, which isn't a bad thing.

I also like how he's hungry since he most almost all of last season.

Reaction Score
coffee.gif
This guy is gonna put Gary Clark of Cincy on a stretcher.

You mean like this ;)

Reaction Score
WELCOME DAVID
Great get for the bigs - thanks KO and crew
OK - waiting for all you "KO can't recruit, the program can't attract anyone, KO couldn't recruit his son" and all the other doomsday regulars to comment
Amazing how they immediately pile on when the news is bad but silent when we get a spark
Seriously, what is wrong with you? This isn't a great get and doesn't point towards Ollie being a great recruiter. If you really can't figure out the poster was kidding about Ollie not being able to recruit his own son (even after he explained it to you) then there is seriously something wrong with you. We need bodies and Onuorah is a big body. I think he will be able to grab some rebounds and block some shots for us for 1 season which is a bonus especially with all our question marks in the frontcourt. Anyone saying this kid can't help us for one season is a dope and anyone saying this proves Ollie is some sort of great recruiter because of this "great' get is a dope.

All I've seen is people saying this is a nice pickup that can help us, once again you're creating false narratives.

Reaction Score
Seriously, what is wrong with you? This isn't a great get and doesn't point towards Ollie being a great recruiter. If you really can't figure out the poster was kidding about Ollie not being able to recruit his own son (even after he explained it to you) then there is seriously something wrong with you. We need bodies and Onuorah is a big body. I think he will be able to grab some rebounds and block some shots for us for 1 season which is a bonus especially with all our question marks in the frontcourt. Anyone saying this kid can't help us for one season is a dope and anyone saying this proves Ollie is some sort of great recruiter because of this "great' get is a dope.

All I've seen is people saying this is a nice pickup that can help us, once again you're creating false narratives.
To be honest, I give a snow a lot less about what a recruit says about Ollie, the program compared to how this guy actually works out. The best overall class in UConn history just half turned to crap.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good God must you bring this conversation to every thread?!?
fishing for likes?
that's ok - i'll say my thing you say yours
I've been tolerant and haven't commented on your offerings when *I could but if you want be a snark - go at it
Yeah I'm a broken record but feel the need to defend the coach and the program - it's something I feel strong about
I will complain and lay blame when I feel it is warranted
But having coached at a high level for many years (30) and interacting with college coaches at all divisional levels, I know what KO is experiencing, and while some is self inflicted, I feel his pain.
While we are asking questions - do you do anything but post to this board - looks like your on here 24/7, just asking

Reaction Score
fishing for likes?
I've been tolerant and haven't commented on your offerings when *I could but if you want be a snark - go at it
Yeah I'm a broken record but feel the need to defend the coach and the program - it's something I feel strong about
But having coached at a high level for many years (30) and interacting with college coaches at all divisional levels, I know what KO is experiencing, and while some is self inflicted, I feel his pain.
While we are asking questions - do you do anything but post to this board - looks like your on here 24/7, just asking
pls go away

Reaction Score
WELCOME DAVID
Great get for the bigs - thanks KO and crew
OK - waiting for all you "KO can't recruit, the program can't attract anyone, KO couldn't recruit his son" and all the other doomsday regulars to comment
Amazing how they immediately pile on when the news is bad but silent when we get a spark

Lmfao

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
A welcome addition, but let's not get carried away. He will help, but certainly doesn't demonstrate any recruiting prowess. The pom pom crowd is far too easily impressed.
It's been a miserable off season. People are happy and relieved to click on here and finally see " committed to Uconn". That's all.
"Commits to Uconn" is like a bottle of Poland Spring in the desert nowadays.

Reaction Score
fishing for likes?
You never have to "expose" an idiot. Just let them talk and they'll expose themselves.

See Exhibit A

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If he run the court, rebound, move his feet, dunk, and pass I'll be content. It's one year and if Adams Vital larrier and Gilbert live up to our expectations we should be good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom