David Onuorah at Pro-Am | Page 3 | The Boneyard

David Onuorah at Pro-Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watched the first game and the beginning of the second game last night. First observation is that Chaise Daniels from Quinnipiac is a very nice player. He is tough down low and should have a real nice junior season.

David Onuorah was on the red squad for game two. He did not start as the red squad has Mickell Gladness at Center. Gladness is a G league guy who has played in the NBA with the Heat and Warriors and once led the NCAA in blocked shots. Onuorah is well built but didn't play while I was there. Based on what I saw in warmups, I wouldn't expect too much offense from him. I wish I could add more, but what I saw was limited to warm ups as he hadn't entered the game yet when I left.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Tis the summer of our discontent. Or better yet, as Mick said, people, people why are we fighting. It started with a mention of DO being a big body but doesn't have much of an offensive game. I think that it was just a confirmation of the scouting report on him. Most people expect DO to have limited minutes, good D, some rebounding and knocking some heads when necessary. I believe that's what we'll get. Then the bickering starts. Let's try to embrace the DogBreath ethos for the rest of the summer. Or not.

Reaction Score
Onuorah plays the Chuck Okwandu and the Souleymane Wane role. 10 - 15 good minutes.

As for Brimah becoming Hasheem Thabeet or even a memorable more offense oriented Amida Brimah ... good luck with that. He tried. He worked. He was trained and watched tape. He just wasn't going to instinctively grow into a better player in offense.

Reaction Score
You can't handle the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, YOU WANT ME IN THIS THREAD. YOU NEED ME IN THIS THREAD. We use words like "ignorant", "real fan", and "buttercup". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent arguing with strangers on the internet. You use them as a punchline . . .
Lol, this is too funny. :D

Reaction Score
Can he play D?

That's the only relevant question here.

Pretty much. We brought him here for one reason and that was to protect the rim. Do that and we bank on the rest of our talent being enough to overcome playing 4.5 on 5 on the other end.

I don't expect him to play more than 10 minutes per game or so, but it can be valuable just to have a guy on the roster who looks the part of a center.

C

Chief00

I'd agree with AO not being a lot better than Amida but he was clearly overall, mostly because of the physical presence and his ability to score on occasion in traffic. And Amida and Thabeet never in the same sentence, Thabeet by far a bigger impact. No matter who the mix was with AB he had no offensive presence and even if given the space better players could have given him the only offensive move he had was the alley oop. The kid left wide open if told he couldn't dunk would be confused whereas Thabeet certainly made himself a threat offensively outside of the dunk. And defensively Thabeet was twice the shot blocker as Amida, I mean as I've stated before guys got offensive rebounds in the lane and threw it back out rather than being embarrassed and guards never went to the rack against him, they pulled up.

Also I agree we need to give these guys a chance because as you say, the 2011 wasn't exactly gifted in any way but they all improved in areas to make it playable for Kemba and the gang to flourish. We could get the same if a couple guys step up and give key minutes. There's enough bodies to make it work but they will need some skill, some brains and some brawn.

Thabeet was a very high draft pick, Brimah did not get drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom