David Onuorah at Pro-Am | The Boneyard

David Onuorah at Pro-Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's playing on the Zach Fam. Red Squad. Caught the game last night. Big, strong kid. Pretty active defensively coming from off the ball to block shots - he had a bunch. Offensively, he's got a ton of work to do. Didn't show good hands, no resemblance of a go to move, and certainly didn't dominate the boards. He's very, very raw and would be surprised he contributes much at all outside of filling in late off the bench when bigs are in foul trouble.

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
He's playing on the Zach Fam. Red Squad. Caught the game last night. Big, strong kid. Pretty active defensively coming from off the ball to block shots - he had a bunch. Offensively, he's got a ton of work to do. Didn't show good hands, no resemblance of a go to move, and certainly didn't dominate the boards. He's very, very raw and would be surprised he contributes much at all outside of filling in late off the bench when bigs are in foul trouble.

If he can give us 5-10 minutes some games of solid D and 5 fouls if needed, he will prove useful.. don't need him to do anything else

Reaction Score
Seems like they're playing again Wednesday @ 8:15 PM. Might have go see Dave O.

Reaction Score
Its important to note that this was a glorified pick up game. How hard could he have actually been playing. Its not really a good indicator of what he'll contribute this upcoming season

Reaction Score
If he can give us 5-10 minutes some games of solid D and 5 fouls if needed, he will prove useful.. don't need him to do anything else
I see him as the key player when KO wants to increase pressure even if only in 5-10 min spurts.
Giving the guards a chance to gamble more than we have in recent years.. His offense is meaningless if those gambles result in easy baskets .We had a rim protector last year but lacked guard depth. With 4 guards three of whom are decent defenders ,at least individually.
KO has a luxury he has lacked.This man ( he is a Cornell grad so he is man in my eyes) doesn't have to score a point to be a great add.

Reaction Score
Its important to note that this was a glorified pick up game. How hard could he have actually been playing. Its not really a good indicator of what he'll contribute this upcoming season

As a longtime pro am attendee, I can say that if a guy has any offensive ability it will show up in this wide open format. If a big man isn't scoring much at the pro am, he probably doesn't have much of a low post game. That said, the games can be really entertaining and it is a good way to check out some of the new guys before the season.

Reaction Score

Which is why he should have looked better on offense. If you can't look good in summer league on offense against mediocre, non help, half ass d then you probably don't have any offense. And at 4 years plus of college raw is not a good word to be associated with. Likely we will use him spotty situations when we need to defender to guard another true big other than that it sounds like we will expect little from him in regards to impact especially on offense. The question is though which big if any can we expect some offense from? Diarra? Maybe Whaley?

Reaction Score
As a longtime pro am attendee, I can say that if a guy has any offensive ability it will show up in this wide open format. If a big man isn't scoring much at the pro am, he probably doesn't have much of a low post game. That said, the games can be really entertaining and it is a good way to check out some of the new guys before the season.
Which is why he should have looked better on offense. If you can't look good in summer league on offense against mediocre, non help, half ass d then you probably don't have any offense. And at 4 years plus of college raw is not a good word to be associated with. Likely we will use him spotty situations when we need to defender to guard another true big other than that it sounds like we will expect little from him in regards to impact especially on offense. The question is though which big if any can we expect some offense from? Diarra? Maybe Whaley?
I was more so referring to his rebounding. In regards to his offense you make good points

Reaction Score

Can he play D?

That's the only relevant question here.

Reaction Score
It was one game, I'll wait until September stats before I start getting concerned.

C

Chief00

Confirmed

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Someone at the 4-5 is gonna have to put up 10+ points, whose it gonna be?

Reaction Score
Everyone should be extremely concerned about our frontcourt.
I can't be "extremely concerned" about the unknown. But what I am is extremely unsure about what our front court can deliver. Which is what I believe you're getting at

Reaction Score
This kid is hopefully just 5 minutes of defense and fouls. We need Mama D to be our Bonzie Colson and Carlton to be a pleasant surprise.

Reaction Score
This kid is hopefully just 5 minutes of defense and fouls. We need Mama D to be our Bonzie Colson and Carlton to be a pleasant surprise.
Don't expect Mamadou to be anything like Bonzie on offense, he just doesn't have those type of offensive abilities. There should be no reason he can't rebound and play good D though.

Reaction Score
Last time I was extremely concerned about our front court we won the 2011 national championship. You have to see a team play as a unit before making assessments. I rarely get the team I expect.
We knew we had a legit power forward on that team though, we don't have anything front court wise that we know is legit.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Onourah was never going to be a big contributor here. I expect most frontcourt production to come from Mamadou and Cobb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom