David Benedict is a coward | Page 4 | The Boneyard

David Benedict is a coward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think continuity would do the program well.
If Edsall is staying, I hope the OC and DC are staying too. I think the revolving door on the coaches has had a big impact on lack of development for some players. Someone different evaluating, coaching, guiding and teaching every year has to be tough on players.

In most situations, Edsells lack of performance would be enough to show him the door. All things considered, including the disastrous 6 years prior to HCRE 2.0, the weak assistant packages leading to revolving coaches, new independent status, RE's prior success, yada yada, he's getting another year. I think another coach and another staff rebuild is more certain to remain at 2-10 or even 1-10. DB is betting the odss are more likely RE can finally get some momentum and get to 5-6 wins and maybe a bowl vs another coach.

Not saying I agree, just my belief on what DB is doing.

Ultimately, I think the odds are, next year will see moderate improvement. But this time there won't be any more runway. Edsell has to play for wins next season. No more playing for 'next season'.

Reaction Score
We're lucky to have Benedict. And Edsall is not being fired. He's already putting together a stronger group for next year. Disgruntled players (like disgruntled employees) are corrosive. Let them go, and wish them well, but I'm supporting the players we have and those who will be stepping up.
Time for a reality check. He’s putting together a group of FCS caliber players. His recruiting is abysmal! Every year he keeps digging a deeper and deeper hole.
How about disgruntled fans? Are they too corrosive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom