David Benedict Interview (7/25) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

David Benedict Interview (7/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just do not see school presidents settling on UCF or Memphis.

The Big East had to be on fire surrounded by buckets of gasoline before they decided Memphis was a good idea. And while the 63,000 enrollment is constantly touted for UCF, that number is broken up over about ten campuses and you're not convincing me that the commuter students at UCF Cocoa Beach care a lick for UCF athletics.

Plus, both schools have basically shown that if they're winning, they're cheating.

Houston is a mess who is had a great year at the exact right time. They were effectively booted from the B12's predecessor for a lack of fan support, but hey, the Big 12 is all about making the same mistake twice.

This will be dicey. We're all about to become mental patients.

Reaction Score

The Big East had to be on fire surrounded by buckets of gasoline before they decided Memphis was a good idea. And while the 63,000 enrollment is constantly touted for UCF, that number is broken up over about ten campuses and you're not convincing me that the commuter students at UCF Cocoa Beach care a lick for UCF athletics.

Plus, both schools have basically shown that if they're winning, they're cheating.

Houston is a mess who is had a great year at the exact right time. They were effectively booted from the B12's predecessor for a lack of fan support, but hey, the Big 12 is all about making the same mistake twice.

He's back!

Reaction Score

About to become mental patients?

Reaction Score
The entrance of Houston may actually help UConn, serving as a viable 14th.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

For Fishy, this post is unbriddled optimism.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I care about markets because I want UConn to get more money. I'm sure other fans feel the same way.

I care about markets because, having been burned by NJ having the population density of Calcutta, the argument has finally turned in UConn's favor.

Reaction Score
Fans know the success of their schools' teams is related to the amount of $$ they bring in.

Fans of schools who have been living in CR nightmares for the last 5 years know that the success of the schools' teams is related to the money they bring in, which they know is related to the markets. Do you really think that Texas Tech fans and Kansas State fans are concerned about markets? They want winners. They want the league to add credible, quality programs. They don't care about other markets because they don't live in those markets and they don't work in television.

Reaction Score
Fans of schools who have been living in CR nightmares for the last 5 years know that the success of the schools' teams is related to the money they bring in, which they know is related to the markets. Do you really think that Texas Tech fans and Kansas State fans are concerned about markets? They want winners. They want the league to add credible, quality programs. They don't care about other markets because they don't live in those markets and they don't work in television.

Disagree. These two schools in particular were on the outside looking in just 4 years ago. Even Kansas was talking to the BE about landing a spot. They know the health of their team is related to their conference.

Reaction Score
Disagree. These two schools in particular were on the outside looking in just 4 years ago. Even Kansas was talking to the BE about landing a spot. They know the health of their team is related to their conference.

It's like you just read some other post and accidentally responded to mine.

Reaction Score
It's like you just read some other post and accidentally responded to mine.

The two schools I was referring to are the ones you mentioned, Kansas St and Texas Tech.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
About to become mental patients?

Yes, that ship has already sailed, with "Randall P. McMurphy" at the helm, before his full frontal lobotomy.

Reaction Score
The two schools I was referring to are the ones you mentioned, Kansas St and Texas Tech.

Except I wasn't talking about conference strength. I was talking about markets. Casual B12 fans aren't going to associate markets with conference strength, they're going to associate the actual strength of the athletic programs in the league.

Reaction Score
Maybe a good indicator would be schools on the AAC's shortlist for possible replacement? If there are serious talks with (insert school) then maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom