Dave OBrien out at ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dave OBrien out at ESPN

wally16

Wally16
Reaction Score
But I could watch a 20-0 game with Don and Jerry chatting about silly things and never lose interest. Now, it's all business, and if the game's not interesting, neither are they.
You're right!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to see someone lose his job, but never having to hear Doris and Dave again makes my heart sign. They were the most boring duo in ESPN history. They did nothing but ramble on about everything except the game, and as was previously stated on this thread, left us wondering what had just transpired on the court and who did it.

Give me Kara Lawson and anybody else. Will they feel obligated to bring in another male to replace Dave or will they go with a female who actually knows WCBB?

Reaction Score
Can't stand an announcer that doesn't give the details (foul calls and substitutions ) and mispronounces players names glad he's off the games I've saying that to my wife for years

Reaction Score
Please not LaChina.

You dont have to worry about her. They would never give her the job.. she hates UConn.... Espn cant be having that :rolleyes:

Thank you!!!!! I've been saying this for a while, and my mom and aunt always argue with me. I thought I was the only one that noticed it. She can say complimentary things occasionally, but you can also tell that it kills her inside to do it ;)

Reaction Score
Thank you!!!!! I've been saying this for a while, and my mom and aunt always argue with me. I thought I was the only one that noticed it. She can say complimentary things occasionally, but you can also tell that it kills her inside to do it ;)

You missed the sarcasm in Triad's post.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Actually I was being facetious. Someone earlier mentioned that Robinson "openly disdains Geno and has dislike for UCONN" .... and I asked why he made that bold statement..... but he never replied. I need proof.....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I will be hosting a summer camp. But the attendance fee is pretty high.
Until your last post I was going to add this -ETT hosting a summer camp on posting skills is like Bobby Knight hosting a charm school, thinking I could be slightly humorous and subtle but then you made me laugh with the Kim reference...glad your back in mid season form...:cool:

Reaction Score
Outside of Boston preferably
To be honest with you, when Boston was tanking 2 years ago, my wife and I had the desire to watch the Sox because listening to Jerry and Don was very enjoyable. Now the Sox are doing better and I am turning down the volume. Especially, as of late. Maybe it's just us...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Who are the best announcers available?

Reaction Score
Has this been conformed anywhere? wiki still list him as employed by espn, and google news doesn't have a story on it either.

Reaction Score
Has this been conformed anywhere? wiki still list him as employed by espn, and google news doesn't have a story on it either.

It was tweeted by a Boston Globe sports reporter. I assume he would know and would retract/followup his tweet if it were wrong. (He has not.)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To be honest with you, when Boston was tanking 2 years ago, my wife and I had the desire to watch the Sox because listening to Jerry and Don was very enjoyable. Now the Sox are doing better and I am turning down the volume. Especially, as of late. Maybe it's just us...
Ok it is still better than having to listen to Ma and Pa Yankee, aka Suzyn Waldman and John Sterling. They are brutal. You go the whole inning without knowing the score, the base situation or even the count on the batter and have to listen to Suzyn opine on "her baseball experience" or John's so outdated references that even Wikipedia doesn't have them. Atrocities to the ears!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom