Dave Benedict | The Boneyard

Dave Benedict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have followed his career for a very long time....all right, I'd never heard of him until about an hour ago.

But in that hour, I've convinced myself that this is a great hire.

He's been everywhere and if Auburn created a position for him just to get him on campus, okie dokie.

Key phrase from Sue's statement....

"We sought a leader whose grasp of the national landscape and relentless pursuit of excellence would be second-to-none. I am very happy to say that we found exactly what we were looking for in David Benedict."

So, no pressure, Dave. Come in, unpack your bags, relax and then get us into the Big 12.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have followed his career for a very long time....all right, I'd never heard of him until about an hour ago.

He's been everywhere and if Auburn created a position for him just to get him on campus, okie dokie.

"We sought a leader whose grasp of the national landscape and relentless pursuit of excellence would be second-to-none. I am very happy to say that we found exactly what we were looking for in David Benedict."

So, no pressure, Dave. Come in, unpack your bags, relax and then get us into the Big 12.
I agree. And not just because it's FAD.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I agree. And not just because it's FAD.
Seconded... If only because it is FAD. That and Fishy knows more about these things then any on this board.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Seconded... If only because it is FAD. That and Fishy knows more about these things then any on this board.
What's FAD?

C

Chief00

I agree but I wouldn't limit it to the Big 12.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually missed the FAD thing - post-Houston hangover made me reticent to even check the board over the past 24 hours.

But it was a glorious day for the two of you who celebrated it. Well, the one of you. I guess the other guy just made a snide comment.

Benedict's job, as I see it....

1) Big 12. Not my or our first choice of conferences, but they're the only one who is potentially expanding, so any port in a storm.

2) Facilities. Gotta navigate the XL mess, figure out where we're gonna play hockey, soccer, baseball, etc.

3) Get Central Connecticut off the basketball schedule until they are not the worst program in the world.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Think of eggs and Hollandaise if it makes you feel better.
From donuts to eggs. AD's keeping with the breakfast theme.

Reaction Score
He's made quite a journey from Southern Utah University (a nice little school in Cedar City, Utah, near some national parks and on the way to Vegas) to New Mexico Highlands (can't say I recall hearing of this school before reading the press release), and he's steadily worked his way up, so I'm confident we have a guy who is motivated, driven, a self-starter, and very competent. These are qualities we need in the AD as we keep trying to sell ourselves into the P5 club. I'm choosing to be optimistic about this hire.

Welcome Dave (and good luck)!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
This basically means we are headed to the SEC, right?
This feels like it could be a person who is going to elevate his status, then leave for a job closer to his heart, because it doesn't seem like he has any ties to this university. I could be wrong, and not that it really matters (if he helps gets us to another conference/improve our football profile, who gives what happens after that).

Reaction Score
This feels like it could be a person who is going to elevate his status, then leave for a job closer to his heart, because it doesn't seem like he has any ties to this university. I could be wrong, and not that it really matters (if he helps gets us to another conference/improve our football profile, who gives what happens after that).
What? You thought we were going to get someone with ties to the University? That's the type of small time thinking that makes for garbage hires like Jeff Hathaway and Pasqualoni, hires we are still trying to recover from.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don't think we have to worry about him leaving for his Alma Matter this time around, and it seems like he's been away from AZ for a while.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking more ... Arnold, who burned NL down in the Rev War.
Look for the bastard to try and shut down athletics at Avery Point.
upload_2016-3-1_0-46-55.png

Well not if I have anything to say about it, by cracky!

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
... it doesn't seem like he has any ties to this university. I could be wrong, and not that it really matters (if he helps gets us to another conference/improve our football profile, who gives what happens after that).

UConn blue and Auburn blue are the same blues.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
What? You thought we were going to get someone with ties to the University? That's the type of small time thinking that makes for garbage hires like Jeff Hathaway and Pasqualoni, hires we are still trying to recover from.
Where in my post did I say that I thought that? lol
I'm all for the hire from what I've read. I'm just saying, doesn't it feel like a guy who isn't well-known, and by taking this job, depending on how well he performs, will raise his national profile? I feel the same way about Bob Diaco. I love the hire, but it feels like someone who is lining up for a bigger job in the not-too-distant future. As long as they elevate this program before they leave, it's a successful hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom