Dartmouth vs Princeton | The Boneyard

Dartmouth vs Princeton

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Princeton is up big on Dartmouth. I mention this because the game is on NESN now, which should be available to most New Englanders, in case you want a look at Princeton.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm I immediately left the computer to click on NESN... had the Bruins pre game?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Princeton is up big on Dartmouth. I mention this because the game is on NESN now, which should be available to most New Englanders, in case you want a look at Princeton.
Unfortunately, it was on a NESN alternate station - and I didn't get it on DirecTV out here. Originally, the listings said it was on, when I tried to record it I got "to be announced".

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Princeton got a 30 point lead in the first half and then they started putting in subs. They're just now getting back into the form they had before the break.

I like how the coach operates. She really focuses on the game but keeps herself under control and the team's demeanor reflects that.

They had a small rock band instead of the school band and it was interesting.

Look for this to continue into next season because they will only lose one starter. Could be two undefeated seasons in a row.

PS: Princeton has a bronze statue of Bill Bradley in front of the sports venue. I didn't notice that before. I'll try to get a pic to post tomorrow night.

JS

Reaction Score
Bill Bradley was at the game and I missed him!
Probably my favorite all-time player (not counting certain UConn women). I saw him play a ton of times both in college and at Madison Square Garden.

For the latter venue, I was exceptionally privileged. The father of a work colleague was a VIP (V+) and we often got to use his tickets. That meant perfect seats during the glory years of the Knicks (Bradley, Reed, Frazier, DeBusschere, Barnett/Monroe) .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hmmmm I immediately left the computer to click on NESN... had the Bruins pre game?
Sorry I didn't see this last night.

I was looking at the HD channel, not sure if that makes a difference?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Probably my favorite all-time player (not counting certain UConn women). I saw him play a ton of times both in college and at Madison Square Garden.

For the latter venue, I was exceptionally privileged. The father of a work colleague was a VIP (V+) and we often got to use his tickets. That meant perfect seats during the glory years of the Knicks (Bradley, Reed, Frazier, DeBusschere, Barnett/Monroe) .

JS...Don't forget

Mike-Riordan-BB-card.jpg

JS

Reaction Score
JS...Don't forget

Mike-Riordan-BB-card.jpg
Actually, I did forget him. Lefty, came out of Providence.

Not an All-Star during his Knicks years -- as were all six of the names I mentioned. Single digit points average, very good defender. Became more of a scorer later with the Bullets.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Another game of note last night was out in Washington where WSU pulled a minor upset of the Huskies on the road. With Washington (8-7 PAC) listed as a #6 in Creme's bracketology and WSU (6-9 PAC) as one of the first team's out, it will be interesting to see what happens if WSU can double up by taking their home game on Sunday against the Huskies. Things could start to get messy out there.

Reaction Score
There's blizzard here in Maryland so I can't go to the Princeton game tonight. I subscribed to the online tv network so at least I can watch it live.

Happy anyway!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
It's also on WatchESPN @ 6PM...

mr006

Reaction Score
And a 50-point 2nd half nets them another win tonight...

Reaction Score
Blake Dietrick tweaked her ankle in the first half and that kind of discombobulated Princeton for awhile. Taracktian (sp?) shot a couple of air balls and Princeton doesn't usually do that. Luckily they have an inside game they can go to which is what happened.
Dietrick came back and led them to the win so all is well in Princeton!

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Princeton got a 30 point lead in the first half and then they started putting in subs. They're just now getting back into the form they had before the break.

I like how the coach operates. She really focuses on the game but keeps herself under control and the team's demeanor reflects that.

They had a small rock band instead of the school band and it was interesting.

Look for this to continue into next season because they will only lose one starter. Could be two undefeated seasons in a row.

PS: Princeton has a bronze statue of Bill Bradley in front of the sports venue. I didn't notice that before. I'll try to get a pic to post tomorrow night.
I used to work out at Jadwin Gym...don't remember seeing Bradley's statue though, probably because we didn't use the public entrance. Saw Bradley & crew beat Providence in the game that put Princeton in the Final Four. UConn lost to St. Joe's in the East Quarterfinals that year. Ticket prices for the regional finals, 3 bucks apiece.

Reaction Score
I'll be sure to post a pic this weekend. It was dark and cold and I couldn't tell if his name was on the statue so I wasn't sure if it was him or not. When I got inside I saw his number on the banner and it was the same as on the statue.

Reaction Score
JS...Don't forget

Mike-Riordan-BB-card.jpg

The two for one hacker; Back in the day when fouls in the backcourt were two shot fouls, Mike Riordan would often come in at the end of quarters when the Knicks were not in foul trouble and foul the dribbler as soon as he crossed the half court line resulting in a one shot foul and Knick possession either by inbounding or rebounding. It was praised as great strategy so I never questioned it. Looking back, I wonder...

And yes, he went on to have a very productive career with a very good Baltimore Bullets team; Better than I would have believed possible: With guys like Kevin Loughery, Wes Unseld, Earl Monroe, Gus Johnson, Jack Marin.

Truth be told, Riordan flew totally under my basketball radar at Providence where the BMOC was Jimmy Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom