Darko Muhl tweet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Darko Muhl tweet

Reaction Score
I completely agree with all your examples--however, did I not say what Giannis said is viable for amateur sports? And also it is for an expansion pro team, but not for the Bucks who are a veteran NBA team who won the championship two years ago,

The Bucks and Giannis set as their goal this year to win the NBA championship--they set this as their goal, not me--so what do you call not achieving your set goal? If you don't think this is failure, then was their winning the championship a success? You can't have a success without not reaching success being called failure.

i would suggest you that pose this question to the Bucks GM or owner(s) --ask them what they consider this year's #1 seed, 4-1 loss to an 8th seed--something which has happened only 4 times in NBA history--whether this season was a failure...
But as others have stated, that goal of winning was predicated on having a healthy Giannis throughout the playoffs. That went out the window early in the series and changed things. The Bucks have veterans, but of the real contenders, they are the most dependent on one player. Take him out, and the equation changes. It just does. Does it suck for the team and management. But if asked and honestly answred after the injury, they still believed they could win, but that expectation was no longer a certainty in their minds and seeding went out the window... especially in a year when there is a pretty good balance in the playoff teams. I think given he circumstances, it more of a major disappointment than a failure.

Reaction Score
But as others have stated, that goal of winning was predicated on having a healthy Giannis throughout the playoffs. That went out the window early in the series and changed things. The Bucks have veterans, but of the real contenders, they are the most dependent on one player. Take him out, and the equation changes. It just does. Does it suck for the team and management. But if asked and honestly answred after the injury, they still believed they could win, but that expectation was no longer a certainty in their minds and seeding went out the window... especially in a year when there is a pretty good balance in the playoff teams. I think given he circumstances, it more of a major disappointment than a failure.
Good points. So, I will get on the semantical hamster wheel and say that the Bucks were largely unsuccessful (failed) in achieving their stated goal of winning the NBA championship mostly because of injury....

Reaction Score
He’s a wise man

Look, I get that people think this answer is "all that", but the man gets paid $45 million to play basketball. When you're the best player on the conference's #1 seed and you lose in the first round to the 8 seed, yes, that is a failure.

Reaction Score
In life there are a lot of failures and sports doesn't even make the top ten.

I don't feel bad for myself or the other fans when "my" team loses I feel for those young women and men, and to categorize a season as a failure hurts them and I refuse to do that.

Reaction Score
Every year is its own unique situation so yes you could have won several previous championships and still would be considered a "failure" the way the Bucks lost to the 8th seed Heats and Giannis shooting 10-23 at the FT line has a lot to do with it. Would Uconn's season be considered a success if they were bounced out of the first round by a 16th seed?
Probably.

UCONN is college not pros. Asa result, there are more goals than just winning the last game. UCONN sets their sights on winning the Big East and also winning th Big East Tourney too. IF UCONN were a #1 seed then they probably won these. They get banners to hang inside their facilities and receive championship team trophies. The awards don't get thrown away- instead they are won- they are earned.

If there wasn't some degree of considered success then why would UCONN athletics Department even consider receiving the awards/trophies for these? They aren't the same as the NCAA Tourney, so --- throw them out?

Reaction Score
So, the Bucks just fired Budenholzer, their coach --, Giannis, are you sure there's no failure in sports?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom