2025 Recruiting: - Darius Acuff Jr 5*: Update: Committed to Arkansas | Page 6 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Darius Acuff Jr 5*: Update: Committed to Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I’m uncomfortable recruiting kids that actually choose Arkansas. If you want calipari coaching you, well I don’t want you. I would think Hurley is out on Calipari type kids, unless money is over the top. Good luck kid, maybe transfer here next year and actually make the NBA.

Reaction Score
Don’t know why this thread was even started. He was never coming here.
How do you know that? He said he wanted to visit UConn. We didn't know at the time that UConn wasn't really interested in him. Besides, maybe he just wanted to visit UConn for the ice cream.

Reaction Score
The Cal take does have merit. I would just love to know what this guy is selling, need a reality show on it. These top kids love the dude. Is it just about him selling the dream of the NBA, or is it more? I feel like it has to be more.

The thing with Cal is that he isn’t stopping his loading up on frosh, is in on all of them. Has he not realized it doesn’t work or can he just not give up the whole “making NBA happen” for these kids? Does he just like the attention he gets on draft night, the thrill of the sell? The long term relationship with NBA all stars even though they don’t win him a thing at the collegiate level? His OAD factory has proven to be moving in a descending direction yet he’s fully subscribed to it. Fascinating.

Reaction Score
The Cal take does have merit. I would just love to know what this guy is selling, need a reality show on it. These top kids love the dude. Is it just about him selling the dream of the NBA, or is it more? I feel like it has to be more.

The thing with Cal is that he isn’t stopping his loading up on frosh, is in on all of them. Has he not realized it doesn’t work or can he just not give up the whole “making NBA happen” for these kids? Does he just like the attention he gets on draft night, the thrill of the sell? The long term relationship with NBA all stars even though they don’t win him a thing at the collegiate level? His OAD factory has proven to be moving in a descending direction yet he’s fully subscribed to it. Fascinating.
The funny thing is he just said he wasn't going to load up on freshmen anymore. It does seem like he's doing the same thing again though.

"The lesson was you can't do this now with seven freshmen," he said. "You just can't. You're going to hit a team that's 25 years old on average, one was 26, and that team is physically going to get you, and so now we have a couple transfers that are older, some kids that transferred from Kentucky that went through it, and they're a year older, and some freshmen."

"We're not going to take six, seven freshmen now," Calipari said. "It'll be three or four. Hopefully retain a few, get a couple transfers, and that is the formula."

awy

Reaction Score
would be interesting to see what becomes of this guy. fairly divisive players some think he will be good but others see some bust potential with the strength reliant bully ball at lower levels. fairly short and stout player need a number of things to click.

Reaction Score

IMG_1463.jpeg

Reaction Score
I read that there are 7 (?) former Ktky players on the current Olympic team. Maybe that rings a bell with the top rated HS players and Cal really does not have to sell them at all

awy

Reaction Score
that's just the quality of his recruits, and perhaps talent scouting. not really any development value added.

Reaction Score
I read that there are 7 (?) former Ktky players on the current Olympic team. Maybe that rings a bell with the top rated HS players and Cal really does not have to sell them at all
There are 3 on the U.S. team and 4 on other teams. Booker, Adebayo, and Davis are on the U.S. team. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, and Try Lyles are on the Canadien team, and Wenyen Gabriel is on the South Sudan team.

caw

Reaction Score
There are 3 on the U.S. team and 4 on other teams. Booker, Adebayo, and Davis are on the U.S. team. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Jamal Murray, and Try Lyles are on the Canadien team, and Wenyen Gabriel is on the South Sudan team.

Didn't know Gabriel was still playing ball.

Reaction Score
I get the Cal hate, and maybe he doesn't win as much as he could, but he created a machine! Top players bolded

Starting from 2010 -
Eric Bledsoe

DeMarcus Cousins
John Wall

Brandon Knight
Enes Kanter
Doron Lamb
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
AD
Nerlens Noel
Randle
Terrance Jones
Devin Booker
Trey Lyles
KAT
Calley-Stein
Jamal Murray
Bam
Malik Monk

D'Aaron Fox
SGA
Kevin Knox
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Keldon Jackson
Herro
PJ Washington
Nick Richards
IQ
Tyrese Maxey

etc etc
Reed
Dillingham
Cason Wallace
Shaedon Sharp

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Yes

Reaction Score
I get the Cal hate, and maybe he doesn't win as much as he could, but he created a machine! Top players bolded

Starting from 2010 -
Eric Bledsoe

DeMarcus Cousins
John Wall

Brandon Knight
Enes Kanter
Doron Lamb
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
AD
Nerlens Noel
Randle
Terrance Jones
Devin Booker
Trey Lyles
KAT
Calley-Stein
Jamal Murray
Bam
Malik Monk

D'Aaron Fox
SGA
Kevin Knox
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Keldon Jackson
Herro
PJ Washington
Nick Richards
IQ
Tyrese Maxey

etc etc
Reed
Dillingham
Cason Wallace
Shaedon Sharp
How DARE you bold Monk, Bledsoe, Herro and SHAEDON SHARP and not bold De’Aaron Fox!

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Shaedon Sharp never actually played there did he? Did I miss that?
Glad to see we don’t just misspell our own players’ names

Reaction Score

Starting from 2010 -
Eric Bledsoe

DeMarcus Cousins
John Wall

Brandon Knight
Enes Kanter
Doron Lamb
Michael Kidd Gilchrist
AD
Nerlens Noel
Randle
Terrance Jones
Devin Booker
Trey Lyles
KAT
Calley-Stein
Jamal Murray
Bam
Malik Monk

D'Aaron Fox
SGA
Kevin Knox
Diallo
Vanderbilt
Keldon Jackson
Herro
PJ Washington
Nick Richards
IQ
Tyrese Maxey

etc etc
Reed
Dillingham
Cason Wallace
Shaedon Sharp

That’s a pretty nice list of course with names like that you’d expect titles right? But many of those guys were going to the NBA or wherever if they went to Winthrop. And some became special players after despite not really seeing that when they left UK.

Hey Cal can coach a little but he doesn’t develop all that great from what I can see. And he can’t figure out how to get very talented inexperienced kids to work together to create success, that we do know.

Reaction Score
Many thanks for the clarification!

Reaction Score
That’s a pretty nice list of course with names like that you’d expect titles right? But many of those guys were going to the NBA or wherever if they went to Winthrop. And some became special players after despite not really seeing that when they left UK.

Hey Cal can coach a little but he doesn’t develop all that great from what I can see. And he can’t figure out how to get very talented inexperienced kids to work together to create success, that we do know.
Well that’s the thing, these kids are getting there no matter where they go, and Cal has built a system “teaching” them how to be NBA players while in college. It’s more of a one year NBA prep/minor league team than a winning college hoops program. It’s what drove the UK fans insane. He just doesn’t seem to care that much about winning at the college level as much as he seems to cherish the long term success of his players beyond college, feeling as though he has some major impact on that success. Feels like more of a salesy transitional babysitter than a coach at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom