Dara Mabrey | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dara Mabrey

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I always admired the Mabrey kids, especially when they were on their shooting
but (as a rule) are they not a bit cumbersome (slow) and not particularly attuned to D ?

Reaction Score
Good point, but hard to make generalizations, particularly since the older sisters are much taller/different body types. Who knows. I just like feisty, tough players. Like pretty much everyone making the transition from HS, Dara is going to have to play good D if she is going to succeed at the next level.

Reaction Score
I always admired the Mabrey kids, especially when they were on their shooting
but (as a rule) are they not a bit cumbersome (slow) and not particularly attuned to D ?

ironically she is far quicker then her two sisters but her shooting while impressive, isn't quite to their level........I don't see her having difficulty playing defense at the next level with her athleticism, attitude and basketball IQ......remember she has thrived playing in one of the if not the best high school basketball conferences in the country

Here's some video

Reaction Score
ironically she is far quicker then her two sisters but her shooting while impressive, isn't quite to their level...I don't see her having difficulty playing defense at the next level with her athleticism, attitude and basketball IQ.remember she has thrived playing in one of the if not the best high school basketball conferences in the country

Here's some video

Much more helpful than the previous video. She looks much faster and more athletic in this one. Also, some good on ball defense. On the offensive end, she is not afraid to take it to the trees. Also very good at rising and firing. I especially like the play where she missed the j but then followed the shot.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
From what I get from the fan base they didn't seem to want her. Well atleast not until after Jenna Brown decommitted.

Dara has been discussed to death on the ND board, to the point where it is a running joke with a little light mockery occasionally aimed at our Dillon77 for his Dara news updates. There has been little indication of interest on either side, which of course doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but there's little point in discussing it when we don't know if ND wants Dara or vice versa.

When Brown was still in the fold, I think most of us considered Dara surplus to requirements considering that Gilbert and Peoples are also committed. Now that there's another spot in the backcourt, the Dara discussion mill has started again.

Personally, I'd be happy to have another Mabrey if she is interested in ND.

Reaction Score
Pretty Girl!

Talented and will be a key contributor to any program fortunate enough to have her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'd like to see her at a Wake Forest, VPI, Miami, NC State, UVA, Syracuse, or are those schools beneath her talent? What is her ranking?
Prospects Nation has her @ #48 in the class of 2018.
Just for comparison purposes ProspectsNation had a couple of Duke Players ranked in the same range Haley Gorecki #48 and Faith Suggs#49 back in 2015. I'd say the schools you have listed are definitely not beneath her talent.

Reaction Score
Dara is down to her final two schools.............stay tuned.........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If I told you I'd have to turn you into a Baylor fan....

Hey, What have you turned into, the Wizard of NJ?
Looks like a I picked a good two weeks to be away on vacation, then getting home and bringing a definite ND commit -- my daughter -- back for her senior year. Just got back from a brisk 1400-mile round-trip.

Like Orangutan said, most of us -- even moi -- thought Dara was a goner when Miss Scott was still with us, but now that she isn't, hope started springing up again (it's eternal with the Mabreys). However, I can't blame her for wanting to choose her own path. And like Charlie, I could see her doing well at a host of schools in the ACC or elsewhere. (I'm keeping an eye on Miami with (elder) Mabrey - Katie Meier connection.)

Stay tuned...

Reaction Score
Hey, What have you turned into, the Wizard of NJ?
Looks like a I picked a good two weeks to be away on vacation, then getting home and bringing a definite ND commit -- my daughter -- back for her senior year. Just got back from a brisk 1400-mile round-trip.

Stay tuned...

to be honest, I only know her top five.....................Tiny tweeted the final two news earlier today.......................

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
to be honest, I only know her top five......Tiny tweeted the final two news earlier today........

Just saw that..thanks. Don't hold back there, Tiny:p

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Too bad. I would not have objected if she joined our team. She seems like a good player.
I'm not sure there is room on the UCONN roster for a SG in 2018 unless her name happens to be Christyn Williams.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure there is room on the UCONN roster for a SG in 2018 unless her name happens to be Christyn Williams.

Talkin about CW, what's her time table? I feel like we've been talking about her forever.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Talkin about CW, what's her time table? I feel like we've been talking about her forever.
Would expect to hear much from her until fall-maybe official visit.

" I’ve played a lot of basketball this summer and I’m a little exhausted both mentally and physically. School starts Aug. 9, but I’m planning to take some time off when I get home before I start training again for the high school season."

Christyn Williams Blog: Nearing U19 gold, adjusting to her role and more

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Would expect to hear much from her until fall-maybe official visit.

" I’ve played a lot of basketball this summer and I’m a little exhausted both mentally and physically. School starts Aug. 9, but I’m planning to take some time off when I get home before I start training again for the high school season."

Christyn Williams Blog: Nearing U19 gold, adjusting to her role and more

She's already set up some visits (e.g. Tenn and ND end of Sept) so would expect to hear soon about when she'll visit UConn. There is no First Night because of the renovation of Gampel but we're still probably talking October.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom