Danny’s Decision’s Impact On Current And Future Players | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Danny’s Decision’s Impact On Current And Future Players

Reaction Score
I think this makes recruits less concerned he’ll leave. He just turned down Kentucky and the Lakers to stay. Maybe if the Knicks open up, but that doesn’t seem likely soon.
The NBA is his stated goal so it makes him more likely to leave and opens himself up to questions from recruits and their parents. It’s difficult to understand the overtures with the NBA even if the Knicks or another East coast franchise job opens up. He has it made in Storrs. He helped the program achieve blue blood status. He brought the program all the way back to its lofty position in the Calhoun years. He is a legend in the making and has positioned himself for the hall of fame. Yet, he would thrown it all away for a 2-3 year gig with a franchise in complete disarray that would have set his career back from its current trajectory. The NBA does not offer him the unprecedented success he has set himself up for at UConn. I don’t pretend to understand his motives but I’d question even considering leaving what he has built in Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1
Top Bottom