Dannel Malloy ... where are YOU? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dannel Malloy ... where are YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just don't think Malloy has any actual power--or at least enough power to matter. Neither did Rowland or Blumenthal.

People on this board get hard-ons for attacking people who can't affect change where we want them to for not affecting change where we want them to.

Again, ask Utah, West Virginia, Louisville, and Virginia if they thought their pols mattered when they made their moves.

The notion that politics/government/law plays and can play no part in this is absurd. One of the things that pisses me off about this is that people act like we're trying to get a membership into Augusta National. Big-time college football is the epitome of a monopoly/cartel/anti-trust-law breaking organization. Maybe Blumenthal's efforts in 2003 were clumsy and overbearing, but that doesn't mean UConn should never attempt anything legally or politically again. This is too important to leave just to Sue and Warde. The Governor, DC delegation and Board of Trustees need to start getting their hands dirty.

Reaction Score
Again, ask Utah, West Virginia, Louisville, and Virginia if they thought their pols mattered when they made their moves.

The notion that politics/government/law plays and can play no part in this is absurd. One of the things that pisses me off about this is that people act like we're trying to get a membership into Augusta National. Big-time college football is the epitome of a monopoly/cartel/anti-trust-law breaking organization. Maybe Blumenthal's efforts in 2003 were clumsy and overbearing, but that doesn't mean UConn should never attempt anything legally or politically again. This is too important to leave just to Sue and Warde. The Governor, DC delegation and Board of Trustees need to start getting their hands dirty.

The problem with what Blumenthal did was that it was win/lose.

If we have a politician with the initiative and the imagination to go argue for UConn and lobby for a place at the table in a way that benefits most sides then I am all for it.

But declaring war and punishing institutions and individuals for having the gall to do something that isn't for our direct benefit and interests, is not going to win us allies. And right now we need allies because we really don't have any.

I also hope that Malloy has had a heart to heart with the DBs at ESPN and reminded them of the State's continuing generosity.

Reaction Score
I also hope that Malloy has had a heart to heart with the DBs at ESPN and reminded them of the State's continuing generosity.

One of the big keys to this, IMO. The world knows ESPN pulled most of the strings on CR - confirmed by Mr. DeFilippo. But ESPN -- for LEGAL reasons -- publicly adopts the Sergeant Schultz "we know nothing" posture when Pitt & Syracuse left, after the Pitt president had a huge role in turning down the $1B TV contract which, unless fixed, will have proved to cost UConn a shitload of money. I hope Malloy has hada ongoing dialog with the ESPN DBs on this. I don't expect Malloy to publicly say he's spoken with ESPN frequently but it would be nice to know if it's happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom