Dannel Malloy ... where are YOU? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dannel Malloy ... where are YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mitch McConnell, the freaking Republican head of the Senate did nothing for Louisville. Why is this any different? The magic people want from politicians is crazy. You have no leverage or power or reason to really care. But get it done!

Reaction Score
McConnell tried for Louisville ... WE know that. He failed.

Reaction Score
What ESPN has to worry about is the state political types kicking up a storm to have the horsh*t ESPN add-on channels removed from basic cable. That would be a way to pinch ESPN's wallet, and potentially light a brush fire to spread to other dissaffected areas. Unfortunately I think UCONN is the only BE football school that could move their state legislature in this way.

Reaction Score
Dannel is stuck in traffic in Stamford! It took me a half hour to go from one end to the other yesterday.
How bout bringing business to Bridgeport instead.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
What ESPN has to worry about is the state political types kicking up a storm to have the horsh*t ESPN add-on channels removed from basic cable. That would be a way to pinch ESPN's wallet, and potentially light a brush fire to spread to other dissaffected areas. Unfortunately I think UCONN is the only BE football school that could move their state legislature in this way.
???? So the state is going to inverne in the contracts ESPN has with DirecTV, Comcast, AT&T, Cox, and Dish? That doesn't make any sense politically, philosophically, or logistically.

Reaction Score
I would agree with Pudge that Malloy isn't accomplishing much in this whole situation.

I think he's trying. It's just that he has this nice guy kind of image. He's a momma's boy. He's always going around saying things like "Oh, that is just super!", "Let's build a better future together!", "I support family values", etc. That is all sissy nonsense. I am so sick of hearing stuff like that.

Because he is such a patsy, it's no doubt why ESPN is not intimidated by him. He needs an image makeover.

They could do a series of commericals where Malloy is made out to be a tough guy. There could be some guys breaking into a car, and Malloy goes up and yells at them and threatens them and they leave. There could be one where he backs down some bikers for insulting his "old lady". I'm just kind of brainstorming. There are whole lot of ideas. This could be worked into political ads, but they need to make sure that don't have the normal sissy overtones.

If Malloy wasn't such a pansy, he could send over a note to ESPN saying "Mr. Malloy is unhappy with the current state of affairs", and they would be scared and make sure things "get taken care of". They would think he was a mob boss.

Reaction Score
Bumping this to the top to go along with a new post - loving the "McConnell did nothing for Louisville" comment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Where is Malloy? He's at Syracuse women's game ignored by Geno.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363053204.467099.jpg

Reaction Score
Well done Whaler now we have to find you in the crowd

C

Chief00

Ineffective politicians don't add value, effective ones do. We all know what type we have!

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
These threads always piss me off. Republicans are vehemently against anything any Democrat does. A poster like Zoo would be against a Democrat spraying him with a hose if Zoo was engulfed in flames. He would rather die an agonizing death than get help from a Democrat. Same goes for all of the Republicans.

It is idiotic partisanship to oppose using every possible tool at UConn's disposal, but these "fans" would rather UConn shut down the athletic program than have Malloy or Blumenthal make so much as a phone call.

Of course, this won't stop them from complaining 5 years from now that Malloy or Blumenthal didn't provide more active help that the Republicans opposed the Democrats providing.

Reaction Score
If we are still on the outs in a few years, this is an absolute must. There is no way I'll ever subsidize any conference through cable fees, except by my choice.

Reaction Score
Malloy needs to concentrate on widening I-95 to meet 20th century traffic needs, then widen it a little more to meet 21st century needs. UConn needs to concentrate on putting a top 25 football program on the field year in and year out so that they can solve their own problems. ESPN needs to butt out of the conference building game before they get sued.

Reaction Score
Malloy needs to concentrate on widening I-95 to meet 20th century traffic needs, then widen it a little more to meet 21st century needs. UConn needs to concentrate on putting a top 25 football program on the field year in and year out so that they can solve their own problems. ESPN needs to butt out of the conference building game before they get sued.

Stop making excuses for Pasqualoni, you should do your part.

Reaction Score

Please let me know how you plan to expand 95.

PS... They been doing that for the past 20 years and just are finishing the Q Bridge. Widening 95 isnt as simple as you would assume and thats why it has taken so long (along with every other possible problem you can think of)

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
These threads always piss me off. Republicans are vehemently against anything any Democrat does. A poster like Zoo would be against a Democrat spraying him with a hose if Zoo was engulfed in flames. He would rather die an agonizing death than get help from a Democrat. Same goes for all of the Republicans.

It is idiotic partisanship to oppose using every possible tool at UConn's disposal, but these "fans" would rather UConn shut down the athletic program than have Malloy or Blumenthal make so much as a phone call.

Of course, this won't stop them from complaining 5 years from now that Malloy or Blumenthal didn't provide more active help that the Republicans opposed the Democrats providing.

Who are are yo talking to? Are you speaking infront of mirror, referring to "fans?" YOU want to shut down the athletic program by shutting down one of the two main revenue generators.

Reaction Score
I just don't think Malloy has any actual power--or at least enough power to matter. Neither did Rowland or Blumenthal.

People on this board get hard-ons for attacking people who can't affect change where we want them to for not affecting change where we want them to. And it extends well beyond politicians.

Husky25

Reaction Score
The Bottom line is that UConn has set/is setting itself up to be the most attractive have-not candidate to join a power football conference. The academic side appears to be working toward AAU status, The football team just recruited its best class in history, all punishments related to basketball expire come May, and the athletic department is led by new faces with no vendettas or agendas with the Powers-That-Be at other schools or the NCAA. More importantly, UConn's fanbase pay their cable bills and can deliver two major media markets with another on the periphery (Hello Big Ten Network).

If we are all confident tht reallignment is not over, then UConn is in first postion to improve itself. My outside hope is the B1G comes calling (am I crazy that this seems to be more and more of a possibility than rumor?) and tell the ACC to stick it with their, "UConn will always be available," mentality.

Reaction Score
He should start by ordering public executions of one espn employee per hour until UConn is in the ACC. That'll learn them fatcats at espn, that'll learn them good.

Husky25

Reaction Score
He should start by ordering public executions of one espn employee per hour until UConn is in the ACC. That'll learn them fatcats at espn, that'll learn them good.

Why do I get the feeling that an invite to the ACC is like boarding the Titanic in Northern Ireland, the evening before it hit the iceberg.

Reaction Score
I see what you're getting, Malloy should ask for 1 trillion dollars and prostitutes for everyone in the state then negotiate his way down to an SEC invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom