Daniels tweet/statement | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Daniels tweet/statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure anyone knows yet what he's "best suited" for, but I think your trumped up issue of him being exhausted at the end of games says nothing about what role he plays in the NBA. To be clear: I think it's a total and complete red herring based on nothing. Talk about his size, ability to defend at the next level, whatever . . . but being "exhausted" at the end of games as some predictor of his success at the NBA level is more than a little silly.

Incidentally, there have been NBA people who think he can be a starter in the league, so while I don't expect him to start from year one, I don't see it as outside the realm of possibility that he'll be running a team in a couple years.

Sounds like you didn't really pay enough attention to everything that happened this year.

If you don't think scouts/team officials are going to notice that, you're sadly mistaken. Learn to separate what he did in college with his pro potential.

Reaction Score
Watching the Warriors game today the commentators were gushing over Steph Curry (rightfully so). "I've never seen anyone with ability to consistently pull up off the dribble and hit 35 footers!" Uhhhhh, you guys clearly haven't watched a lot of UConn games.

Oh jesus, don't compare bazz to curry.

That's just wrong (queue people who can't separate fandom from reality trying to say it's a good comp)

Reaction Score

That's just wrong (queue people who can't separate fandom from reality trying to say it's a good comp)
No no, wasn't my intention. Just saying Bazz has the ability to hit that shot. Certainly not the player Curry is on the NBA level.

Reaction Score

The Curry/Napier comparisons aren't terribly off-base. Curry being one of the best shooters of all-time, obviously I'm not expecting Napier to equal Curry's production at the next level. Stylistically, though, there are some similarities - they can each hit shots from just about everywhere on the floor, and in every form. Whether it be off-the dribble, curling off a screen, catch-and-shoot, step-back, you name it...the two have the entire arsenal. Another player comp would be Damian Lillard.

Reaction Score
The Curry/Napier comparisons aren't terribly off-base. Curry being one of the best shooters of all-time, obviously I'm not expecting Napier to equal Curry's production at the next level. Stylistically, though, there are some similarities - they can each hit shots from just about everywhere on the floor, and in every form. Whether it be off-the dribble, curling off a screen, catch-and-shoot, step-back, you name it...the two have the entire arsenal. Another player comp would be Damian Lillard.

Curry is a more prolific offensive player with a better motor, lillard is more athletic.

Honestly the best comp shown here is the Augustin one.

Reaction Score
Curry is a more prolific offensive player with a better motor, lillard is more athletic.

Honestly the best comp shown here is the Augustin one.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say Curry has a better motor. Augustin is a good comparison but I think Napier will be better.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what you mean when you say Curry has a better motor. Augustin is a good comparison but I think Napier will be better.

He's in better shape, doesn't tired out as easily. Not a great athlete but better than Bazz.

That's your fandom talking, Augustin is what I expect he'll be, JET is who I hope he'll be.

Reaction Score
He's in better shape, doesn't tired out as easily. Not a great athlete but better than Bazz.

That's your fandom talking, Augustin is what I expect he'll be, JET is who I hope he'll be.

"Motor" generally refers to the voracity with which one plays (granted, it's a word that seems to be open to interpretation but that's the way I've always thought of it).

I don't think it's being a homer to think he could be a rich man's D.J. Augustine. Augustine rebounded at roughly half the rate Napier did in their final college seasons. Napier is also a much better defender than Augustine ever was. And, to echo Bigern's sentiment, I'm not sure where this belief comes from that Napier isn't in good shape. He had to carry as big a burden as anybody in the country this season.

Reaction Score
"Motor" generally refers to the voracity with which one plays (granted, it's a word that seems to be open to interpretation but that's the way I've always thought of it).

I don't think it's being a homer to think he could be a rich man's D.J. Augustine. Augustine rebounded at roughly half the rate Napier did in their final college seasons. Napier is also a much better defender than Augustine ever was. And, to echo Bigern's sentiment, I'm not sure where this belief comes from that Napier isn't in good shape. He had to carry as big a burden as anybody in the country this season.

Well then your definition of "motor" isn't the general definition, and these are wasted words.

His rebounding/defense vs Augustin's won't matter in the NBA. He's not athletic enough to make up for his lack of size, which affects his penetrating ability as well. I don't think he's in bad shape (though he could afford to tone up some, look at him vs Kemba) but he has too many physical limitations to be a starting pg. His best skills are his shooting/shifty-ness/1 on 1 ball handling, he's really just built to be a 6th man somewhere who's physical limitations can be negated by the scoring punch off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom