Daniel Hamilton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I really think he can stick in the league. Which would be awesome.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Lamb and Shabazz have established themselves as NBA quality players. DHam is on his way too, no doubt.

Reaction Score
And you would make the NBA by....developing as a player.

Ask Deandre Daniels? He was an old junior at UConn, who was a key cog on a National Championship UConn team. What exactly could he have done with one more college season as a 23 year old to improve his stock?

@upstater Napier is an extreme outlier. It's not often that a junior comes out of nowhere to be the best player in the NCAA and also win the title.

By and large, I think a lot of guys like Hamilton, fringe NBA prospects have a better shot playing in a professional setting then coming back for college.
napier didn't come out of nowhere...

C

Chief00

D-Ham just hated the classroom - he did not like school. He just had zero interest in any of that. It is what it is.
Calhoun might have got another year out of him - but the APR police are in place now - so you just can’t play basketball in the Fall/Winter then drop school for the NBA.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fault DH for leaving when he did. He had his own reasons and he's done great in the G-League.

We'll never know how things might have played out had he stayed. But surely UConn would have been better off for it. I'd like to think he'd be a top pick this summer or last, and on a roster the next fall, rather than still spending most of his time in the G League. But impossible to say.

Reaction Score

Was that the Washington Generals? That white guard on the crossover looked like he was trying to burst a balloon by falling on it.

Congrats to DHam doing some wonderful things.

Reaction Score
All-NBA G League Showcase 2018 First Team

Antonio Blakeney (Windy City Bulls)

Joel Bolomboy (Wisconsin Herd)

Daniel Hamilton (Oklahoma City Blue)

Amile Jefferson (Iowa Wolves)

Johnathan Motley (Texas Legends)

Reaction Score
All-NBA G League Showcase 2018 First Team

Antonio Blakeney (Windy City Bulls)

Joel Bolomboy (Wisconsin Herd)

Daniel Hamilton (Oklahoma City Blue)

Amile Jefferson (Iowa Wolves)

Johnathan Motley (Texas Legends)

I can't believe Motley isn't on a NBA roster, kid should be a stud.

Reaction Score
I can't believe Motley isn't on a NBA roster, kid should be a stud.
Blakeney is also averaging like 35 ppg, on pretty decent shooting splits, and good rebounds and assists. I Think every one of these players should be in the NBA right now.

C

Chief00

It's hard to fault DH for leaving when he did. He had his own reasons and he's done great in the G-League.

We'll never know how things might have played out had he stayed. But surely UConn would have been better off for it. I'd like to think he'd be a top pick this summer or last, and on a roster the next fall, rather than still spending most of his time in the G League. But impossible to say.

Agree. Those who are so thrilled with this APR stuff should note; there’s a huge price to be paid when you have a goal of a perfect APR.

Reaction Score
D-Ham just hated the classroom - he did not like school. He just had zero interest in any of that. It is what it is.
Calhoun might have got another year out of him - but the APR police are in place now - so you just can’t play basketball in the Fall/Winter then drop school for the NBA.

You can still do that. The school now has ways of taking care of it.

Reaction Score
Agree. Those who are so thrilled with this APR stuff should note; there’s a huge price to be paid when you have a goal of a perfect APR.
We put an APR target on our back that we have to live with. Our APR is still news 5 years later.
Do you really know how much that one year suspension cost us?
Besides wholesale desertion and recruitment difficulties that we really never have
overcome ,did it have a role in us being left out of th3 P5 sweepstakes?
I don’t know for sure but it didn’t help our case.
As for Hamilton he probably would have been a first rounder with a guaranteed contract.if he stayed. The guy that missed him the most was Brimah as he assisted on most of his points when he was here. If DD stayed in 2015 and he stayed last year I suspect it would be four years of consecutive NCAA appearances .
But even with that the BY would be complaining about no final fours.

sieve la vive

C

Chief00

If DH had gone to UNC he would have been very happy - all ball no classes
Agreed, and let me remind everyone, UNC was not punished for that. Instead, we have this APR utopia with real classes goal of Susan Herbst, which conflicts with real World reality and makes athletic success difficult.

Reaction Score
Agreed, and let me remind everyone, UNC was not punished for that. Instead, we have this APR utopia with real classes goal of Susan Herbst, which conflicts with real World reality and makes athletic success difficult.
They weren’t punished?!?!?!?

Reaction Score
Nope - no punishment since regular students technically had access to the fake classes and therefore did not discriminate in favor of athletes.
Yeah but when the general population of UNC students went to enroll in Advanced Mechanical Bull Riding or Fantasy Football Coaching 101 the classes were magically at capacity already.

I get it that athletes need to attend real classes at UConn but had Hamilton stayed would have been something special...........others left too early as well from a "fan" perspective but hard to blame them for pursuing coin over degree when they have a relatively small window to make it.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Yeah but when the general population of UNC students went to enroll in Advanced Mechanical Bull Riding or Fantasy Football Coaching 101 the classes were magically at capacity already
I don’t disagree but thought there actually were a few real student tokens in these classes which did not exist as true classes.

But that’s the weeds, the point is that there was no punishment and Emmert’s Crew used that crazy reasoning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom