Daniel Hamilton waived by Hawks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton waived by Hawks

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien was very similar

I thought Jeff did OK (relatively) when he got his opportunities. Not sure what happened.

He did lose the plot there for a while.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hamilton never shud of left after his sophomore year. Junior year wudda done him wonders and he would of been more recognized. Him not staying fir that junior year when our “fab 5” came in to bridge the gap was another part of the reason why we are where we are tiday.

It wouldn't have helped him. He wasn't magically going to learn to shoot. And NBA guys don't exactly favor senior citizens in college.

Reaction Score
Jeff was very short for a PF. His real height was about 6'5". He had the skills and toughness but lacked NBA size.

My point was that he dominated G league but couldnt hang in NBA

Reaction Score
He got his cup of coffee in the NBA but Europe would suit him well. He's not really good enough at any one thing to help an NBA team.

Reaction Score
Yeah but why not stay one more year and be the man? Instead he rushed it. Wasn’t near ready physically or defensively or mentally. Struggled to make league, then wallowed on the bench. he cudda had a nice legacy here and left his mark. Instead, when u say his name most people’s response now is “eh”

Reaction Score
A technical error?
Wifi was down or text did not go through when they attempted to cancel the transaction.

Can you imagine the dialog?

"Hello? Did you get my text? Did you get my email? Hello? Hello?"

"Sorry wifi was down. We went through with the initial request ..."

"!@#$!@#!$!@#$"

Reaction Score
Yeah but why not stay one more year and be the man? Instead he rushed it. Wasn’t near ready physically or defensively or mentally. Struggled to make league, then wallowed on the bench. he cudda had a nice legacy here and left his mark. Instead, when u say his name most people’s response now is “eh”
He had a whole other year of getting paid, which will get you a lot farther than a legacy

Reaction Score
I guess so. But it wasn’t like he was 24. He was still super young. U got yer whole life to make money. I bet looking back on it- he wishes he stayed. I kno he wasn’t a “college” kid but it’s not always about the benjis. Plus he prolly ran thru that money anyways in 6 months. Just my opinion.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I guess so. But it wasn’t like he was 24. He was still super young. U got yer whole life to make money. I bet looking back on it- he wishes he stayed. I kno he wasn’t a “college” kid but it’s not always about the benjis. Plus he prolly ran thru that money anyways in 6 months. Just my opinion.

Nope. He wanted out and hasn't looked back.

Reaction Score
Plus he had a brother in the NBA who was making crazy dough so it wasn’t like his family was living hand to mouth - just thought it was one of the stranger NBA commitments for a UConn player. I know I’m assuming how I think his life is ... but just saying , u gotta admit strange decision to come out.

Reaction Score
Welp hope he enjoys Europe or g league- which was gonna be there after his junior year. Too bad he never bought into the college atmosphere. Oh well. Glad he gave his heart and soul to the program. Lol

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought Jeff did OK (relatively) when he got his opportunities. Not sure what happened.

He did lose the plot there for a while.

Whatever happened with Adrien? Some bizarre/sad stories from a year or two ago that seemed mental health related came out, then not much since?

My favorite Husky of all time - hope he's doing well.

And you're right, in Jeff's time in the league he certainly held his own.

Reaction Score
Love 95% of uconn players. He’s just one I was never a fan of. U love every uconn player? Wow. Yer amazing. It’s all good, u got yer opinions, I got mine. It’s ok. We can criticize players. I’m sure he ll be ok. Didn’t kno u were such a huge fan of his. U must know him personally. Understood if that’s the case. No more back and forth on this. Dumb convo

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Love 95% of uconn players. He’s just one I was never a fan of. U love every uconn player? Wow. Yer amazing. It’s all good, u got yer opinions, I got mine. It’s ok. We can criticize players. I’m sure he ll be ok. Didn’t kno u were such a huge fan of his. U must know him personally. Understood if that’s the case. No more back and forth on this. Dumb convo

Reaction Score
Whatever happened with Adrien? Some bizarre/sad stories from a year or two ago that seemed mental health related came out, then not much since?

My favorite Husky of all time - hope he's doing well.

And you're right, in Jeff's time in the league he certainly held his own.
He seems to be better now. No crazy tweets or arrests to my knowledge. Luckily haven't heard anything about Ben lately either, he seemed to be in an even darker place than Adrien.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He cashed some NBA checks, which is the goal. He is 23 and may get one more chance. As Fishy said, he may need to go to Europe where he will make a nice living.

He's going to make a really good living.

I think that's where he was destined for all along - I think I remember one G League coach basically saying that he was likely going to fall in between the NBA and G League.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hamilton never shud of left after his sophomore year. Junior year wudda done him wonders and he would of been more recognized. Him not staying fir that junior year when our “fab 5” came in to bridge the gap was another part of the reason why we are where we are tiday.

Nah.

Kevin Ollie wasn't going to do anything for him that the G League wouldn't have.

Reaction Score
@Fishy , I was thinking from more of a notoriety/recognition standpoint(all American ?) and maybe get a little quicker /muscular. I kno Ollie wasn’t gonna bring up his player development. Lol

Reaction Score
You type like I did on AOL Instant Messenger when I was 13.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He didn’t want to compete with Terry.

Reaction Score
I kno - just rambling thoughts about Hamilton. . I can text with the best of them tho. Lol I used to love aol instant messenger. My space, used to be great way to pick up girls. I’ll throw in an “lol” to really make it vintage 2007. That better? Lol

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You should have never left school after the 3rd grade either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom