Daniel Hamilton waived by Hawks | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton waived by Hawks

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m no NBA expert but he scored 57 points all season? That’s good burn?

Reaction Score
I’m no NBA expert but he scored 57 points all season? That’s good burn?
He didn’t get much, he was hurt i believe in the beginning of the season. He actually played pretty well when I watched.

Reaction Score
He scored 3 pts a game in 19 games played. You must have found the needle in the haystack.
Yeah in like 10 mpg. He actually played good defense and got his usual boards and assists. Watch rather than just look at the numbers.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah in like 10 mpg. He actually played good defense and got his usual boards and assists. Watch rather than just look at the numbers.

he had 2.5 boards and one assist. they count those too.

you must gave really monitored the 18-34 hawks closely to pick out the right times to watch because his statistical line is pretty much from 4 games

B7E91669-2193-4961-9BBB-92FA56E67C1B.png

Reaction Score
he had 2.5 boards and one assist. they count those too.

you must gave really monitored the 18-34 hawks closely to pick out the right times to watch because his statistical line is pretty much from 4 games

View attachment 39338
Yeah and every bad line is pretty much from 3 mins of garbage time. When he got more than that, he played well, for someone who has really never played in the league, simple as that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah and every bad line is pretty much from 3 mins of garbage time. When he got more than that, he played well, for someone who has really never played in the league, simple as that.

He scored 59 points in the entire season to date with a guaranteed contract. Come on. He did nothing and you never saw a second of it.

caw

Reaction Score
He scored 59 points in the entire season to date with a guaranteed contract. Come on. He did nothing and you never saw a second of it.

It was not hard to have seen it. News alert set up and you would have seen the news articles that had him starting but that said the Hawks are not the funnest team to watch so a game or two after that news you drop them from viewing and there you have it. For example this is one news alert I got.

Hawks' Daniel Hamilton: Joins starting five Monday

Reaction Score
I actually did watch him for the few weeks he was playing. Reddit NBA streams are a magical thing. I’m not a major fan of any team in the NBA so when our alumni are playing I try to tune in. When I saw he was getting a few starts I wanted to see how he would play. Don’t insinuate just because you think it’s out of this world that I could catch some of a Hawks game.

Reaction Score
I'd rather see the Lakers take a chance on a young guy like Hamilton rather than signing a washed up Carmelo Anthony.

Reaction Score
He cashed some NBA checks, which is the goal. He is 23 and may get one more chance. As Fishy said, he may need to go to Europe where he will make a nice living.

Reaction Score
Tough spot.

Too good for the G League, but not good enough for the NBA.

Guys in that crack usually end up in Europe before long.
And Europe is where they should be if they want court time.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Tough spot.

16/9/8 in the G-League last year, but can't even hang on with the Hawks. Hope somebody gives him another shot, this season, next season, or down the road.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tough spot.

In baseball parlance, a classic AAAA player.

Still, if he can learn from his college coach and learn how to consistently be quiet in the locker room, always be on time, stay out of the police blotter, take rookies under his wing and pick up $10m-$15m for another 6-8 years bouncing from team to team.

Reaction Score
Hawks part ways with Daniel Hamilton

This site reports "[Waiving Hamilton] was not necessarily intentional, but the Hawks actually needed to “clear a necessary roster spot after a technical error.”

Pretty strange, surely something to do with the trade deadline yesterday. Hope Hamilton can find another team for next year. He's had some decent opportunities thus far, glad he made some money with the Hawks.

Reaction Score
Hawks part ways with Daniel Hamilton

This site reports "[Waiving Hamilton] was not necessarily intentional, but the Hawks actually needed to “clear a necessary roster spot after a technical error.”

Pretty strange, surely something to do with the trade deadline yesterday. Hope Hamilton can find another team for next year. He's had some decent opportunities thus far, glad he made some money with the Hawks.
Unbelievable. Along with the Bulls, Knicks and Nets, the Hawks are in disarray.

Who knows what they were doing at the trade deadline. They traded for Shelvin Mack, got Jabari Bird. Then they proceeded to waive them and Hamilton?

Reaction Score
16/9/8 in the G-League last year, but can't even hang on with the Hawks. Hope somebody gives him another shot, this season, next season, or down the road.

I always felt like DHam's #s were very misleading. Yes, he will stuff a stat sheet. 16/9/8 looks great. But he also averaged 5 turnovers a game and barely shot 40% from the floor and under 30 from 3 on almost 6 attempts a game. So those 16 a game is based on a lot of usage/volume and the assists, while nice, are a result of a lot of ball control as we saw at UConn. He obviously has a lot of skills, but those skills require overly high usage. And that usage does not always equate to wins.

Reaction Score
Hamilton never shud of left after his sophomore year. Junior year wudda done him wonders and he would of been more recognized. Him not staying fir that junior year when our “fab 5” came in to bridge the gap was another part of the reason why we are where we are tiday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom