Daniel Hamilton--staying or going to NBA this year | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton--staying or going to NBA this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes--No--why/why not?

Right now I hope he does not but Im at 50-50 that he does EVEN though he is clearly not ready.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I think thats b/c everyone assumes he's staying. He would be a first round pick if he did declare

It works the other way. They have guys on the board till the player says they're returning.

Edit: actually in looking again at it, we are both right. They definitely pick one season to file each guy under. You won't see the same players on more than one mock draft, so I guess they do assume the year for the player.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've heard from a couple people I trust he is considering that route.

Hopefully after meeting with coaches and such he decides to stay

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
I think thats b/c everyone assumes he's staying. He would be a first round pick if he did declare
Please tell me you're joking.

The kid has NBA potential, but you're out of your mind if you think he'd go in the first round. He's got talent and potential for days, but his game isn't 2nd round ready yet, never mind lottery pick ready. And I'm sure that Ollie has explained, in no uncertain terms, that leaving after 1 year, unless you're a sure-fire lottery pick, is not smart.

Reaction Score
I have no idea if he's staying or going but it would be in his best interest to come back for at least another year. He's not ready for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Considering his brother Jordan was more ready for the NBA when he left and he hasn't exactly had a secure NBA career, I'd think Daniel would heed Ollie's advice and stay even if he is thinking about the NBA.

Reaction Score
Please tell me you're joking.

The kid has NBA potential, but you're out of your mind if you think he'd go in the first round. He's got talent and potential for days, but his game isn't 2nd round ready yet, never mind lottery pick ready. And I'm sure that Ollie has explained, in no uncertain terms, that leaving after 1 year, unless you're a sure-fire lottery pick, is not smart.
Okay but he has what you look for in a potential nba player. Can stuff the stat sheet, handle fairly well for his size, and will be a good shooter. If Archie Goodwin and Marquis teague can make the end of the first round i think he would be able to

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart - transferring to the men's team for her senior season? Yes--No--why/why not?
No, but only because she doesn't want to sit out an extra year before declaring for the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Okay but he has what you look for in a potential nba player. Can stuff the stat sheet, handle fairly well for his size, and will be a good shooter. If Archie Goodwin and Marquis teague can make the end of the first round i think he would be able to
Andre--I think if Daniel Lets his game develop here--even for one more year--I think hes a 3-10 pick IF his J develops.(and I think it will) Now lets increase the rookie pool 33% for the new cap. Staying one more year and developing his mind body and game could be worth north of 5mm $ per year--or enough money to retire on God for bid. While a 24 pick gets good money now--that money after taxes would be gone by the time he was 25.

Reaction Score
Andre--I think if Daniel Lets his game develop here--even for one more year--I think hes a 3-10 pick IF his J develops.(and I think it will) Now lets increase the rookie pool 33% for the new cap. Staying one more year and developing his mind body and game could be worth north of 5mm $ per year--or enough money to retire on God for bid. While a 24 pick gets good money now--that money after taxes would be gone by the time he was 25.
Don't get me wrong, i think the much better decision would be to stay another year, i was just saying i think he would crack the first round. You don't get players with his talent in the second round very often.

Reaction Score
He should stay as long as he wants, but the separation talent wise from his brother Jordan isn't that wide. He stayed two years a at TX and is surviving on 10 day contracts in the NBA. Hope he stays 3 like Rip, but it's his life and he can do what he wants.

Reaction Score
I think because he has the same last name as richard hamilton who also went to Uconn that DHam will get drafted in the lottery this year.

Reaction Score
The kid couldn't crack one of the all AAC teams in a middling conference.

Scrappy must be bored and devising ways to punish us (some more).

Reaction Score
He should stay as long as he wants, but the separation talent wise from his brother Jordan isn't that wide. He stayed two years a at TX and is surviving on 10 day contracts in the NBA. Hope he stays 3 like Rip, but it's his life and he can do what he wants.
Exactly. I doubt Daniel wants to survive on 10 day contracts if staying at UConn 1 or 2 more years gives himself a much better chance to have a more secure NBA career.

Reaction Score
A peak into Scrappy's lunch box today:

Scrappy.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members