Daniel Hamilton Starting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton Starting

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
DHam was a basketball player. Instictive feel for spacing and where he needed to be on the court. Terrific passer who made everyone better. This roster desperately needs somebody like that. He has thrived in the D league and I think he can be a solid NBA role player. There isn’t anything he doesn’t do well on the offensive end.

I agree HH but isn't it ironic when we look back to the time DHam was wearing a UConn uniform and so many here were killing him for virtually everything he did including passing acumen, ball handling, lack of motion off the ball, etc and how 75% thought he'd be playing in Bavaria. He was far from perfect here at UConn but you could see that as a freshman, the kid had a nose for the game - plus he had some really good siblings to compete with and learn

Reaction Score
Glad he's finally being given an opportunity and making the most of it. Might not really have a true position but he's a basketball player who does a little bit of everything. Would love to have a player like him on any UConn team.

When i talked to him in August after the Calhoun game he seemed confident he would get a chance with the hawks this year.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
Something he did well that we haven't had since was his dribble drive to near the foul line - once there he threw up a floater, threw lobs to Brimah, hit a step back, or took it to the rim and sometimes got fouled. He was also incredible at being in position to rebound, despite Brimah being 7ft and right next to the rim, DHam had that IQ where he knew where to be to come away with it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He was our last guy who was taller than 5’11” who I don’t need to cover my eyes when dribbled.

Reaction Score
Hated it then, but he saw the writing on the wall.

I’m really happy for him. He DEFINITEY made the right decision

Reaction Score
He was our last guy who was taller than 5’11” who I don’t need to cover my eyes when dribbled.
??? Do you not recall the drive and spin the right we all hated. He was waaaay better than given credit for. Miss him for sure.

Reaction Score
Hated it then, but he saw the writing on the wall.

I’m really happy for him. He DEFINITEY made the right decision
What writing on the wall ?
The team won 25 games The AAC tourneyand went to the round of 32 ,his sophomore year.
Returning
Along with him;
Jaylen
Rodney
Brimah
Facey
Larrier
Enoch
And a Freshman class that included
Gilbert
Durham
Diarra
Vital
Jackson
If that’s not a top 10-20 team I’m not sure what is.
His ability to create ( especially his two man game with Brimah) takes pressure off Adams even if Gilbert goes down.
His scoring ability take pressure off everyone especially Larrier and the freshman.
His not returning coupled with Gilbert’s and a lesser degree Larriers injury killed that team .
They still went 16-17 with 4-5 losses coming when Adams was either injured or was seriously hobbled.
That team wins the AAC* and minimally gets to the sweet 16.
If he is on that team he probably goes first round and is making guareented money.
* Neither Cinncy or SMU we’re really that good that year.

Reaction Score
Hamilton was crafty, with a pretty high IQ and good skills (could have shot better, but that's pretty much a given for a KO recruit). His problem was toughness/assertiveness/desire. Basically the mirror image of Purvis.

And, at the end of the day, he clearly had no interest in being here a minute longer than he had to be. Glad he's getting some run in the NBA, that can only help the program.

Reaction Score
What writing on the wall ?
The team won 25 games The AAC tourneyand went to the round of 32 ,his sophomore year.
Returning
Along with him;
Jaylen
Rodney
Brimah
Facey
Larrier
Enoch
And a Freshman class that included
Gilbert
Durham
Diarra
Vital
Jackson
If that’s not a top 10-20 team I’m not sure what is.
His ability to create ( especially his two man game with Brimah) takes pressure off Adams even if Gilbert goes down.
His scoring ability take pressure off everyone especially Larrier and the freshman.
His not returning coupled with Gilbert’s and a lesser degree Larriers injury killed that team .
They still went 16-17 with 4-5 losses coming when Adams was either injured or was seriously hobbled.
That team wins the AAC* and minimally gets to the sweet 16.
If he is on that team he probably goes first round and is making guareented money.
* Neither Cinncy or SMU we’re really that good that year.

All I see in this post are “what if’s”. What if DHam came back. What if AG and TL stayed healthy. What if the team played up to its potential. In reality DHam’s decision had nothing to do with the team’s outlook for the 2016-2017 season.

I think the poster was trying to say DHam figured out KO couldn’t coach and that he would be better off developing his game in the D-League than at UConn. In hindsight his decision proved to be very smart.

You listed 11 players in your post. Name one that developed under KO. That team, even if healthy, was never going to the Sweet 16. Shonn Miller was the only productive big in 2015-2016. There was no replacement the next year and we still haven’t filled that role to this day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom