"Daniel Hamilton Ready to Lead" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Daniel Hamilton Ready to Lead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Assessing DHam's shot selection and so on based on last year is misguided. Our team was so offensively challenged that he had no choice but to take shots that, in a good offense, would be questionable. It would be like watching a starving man take a half eaten donut out of a dumpster and then criticizing his culinary choices - sometimes you gotta take what you can get.
Looking forward, throw in a marksman like Gibbs, hope Purvis can be a regular threat, and add a creator like Adams, and DHam can be more free to roam about the cabin and be in better spots to catch and shoot or distribute. That is a wonderfully scary thought.
Remember how a bunch of guys were ripping him early last year? lol
Quite frankly, Ultimately, players get judged on results. Is what you are saying a contributing cause with shot selection - more than likely. But very few Freshman have good shot selection on a variety of team types. It's part of the natural maturity process.

Reaction Score
As has been stated, Hamilton is a triple threat (scoring, rebounding and assists). I don't know about leadership - just being a sophomore! I agree with Ollie, Hamilton needs to improve his foul shooting - that should add a couple points a game to his average. Improving his shot selection probably could add a few percent to his FG shooting.
Hamilton has good vision and can see ahead at least one step - he puts the pass, when he is on his game, where the guy should be (Brimah going to rim for dunk) but he had too many unforced turnovers - so he just needs to be more focused and not get careless. Cousy use to throw it early in the game to where a guy should be to send him a message to run hard and to be in the game when you don't have the ball. It was worth an early turnover.
The advantage Hamilton had is he played for years with older brothers so much of the game has become intuitive. That's the big advantage he has over a Brimah or Facey who are relatively new to the game.
Ollie said recently that Hamilton could play PG and I get that given his passing and penetration but at 6-7 he dribbles pretty high if going against a good defender. True Magic was 6-9 but he was a master of using his strong forearm to club off ball thieves.
I do think sometime Hamilton settles on his shot and could utilize his mid game more - which is very good especially if his foul shooting improves.
Great analysis, but it's a shame that this may be his last season with us because of the way the NBA has become. Don't get me wrong, I expect DHam to be improved with a great year but as a sophomore he is likely to still have a bunch of turnovers. He goes to the NBA after 3 years and he is a better shooter and a more finished product but that's not how it works. The last draft showed players go pretty high that didn't even have great stats but youth and potential and I don't see DHam not meeting that bar after this year. I'm just going to enjoy his play while we have him.

Reaction Score
Chief00 said:
When did you message me?

It's posts like these that make me think you might actually be serious and not trolling playing the role of the insufferable blowhard.

C

Chief00

Your lack of true self confidence is very apparent

Last edited by a moderator:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Take a nap, Frank.
Has it been confirmed that he is Frank Ivy? I asked him that a while ago but I don't think he responded, and I haven't kept up with the rest of the board enough to know if he's been outed elsewhere.

Reaction Score
I think he can be alot like Evan turner was in college. I think he can really play that same type of role and really fill up the stat sheets. I'm excited to see him take on a bigger role this year. I think he is ready for it.

Reaction Score
Has it been confirmed that he is Frank Ivy? I asked him that a while ago but I don't think he responded, and I haven't kept up with the rest of the board enough to know if he's been outed elsewhere.

Same voice. The unprompted sociological digressions, the constant hectoring, the whackadoo racial stuff masquerading as insight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Same voice. The unprompted sociological digressions, the constant hectoring, the whackadoo racial stuff masquerading as insight.
And a Pennsylvania lawyer, too.

C

Chief00

You are a sick pup - you throw out charged words - when your insights lack - which is often - what's your racial comment about? Is that just something you reflectively throw out since your substance is lacking? You know how much flack I have received on this board for my support of Clyde Vaughn and Nate Miles - often I was the lone voice of support. How does all the translate in your parent's basement PJ World?

Reaction Score
You are a sick pup - you throw out charged words - when your insights lack - which is often - what's your racial comment about?
Not to steal your muted thunder, Chief - but they weren't talking about you.

Reaction Score
A big key is mental toughness for him. Want to see less sad puppy dog face and more having fun out there, just letting it loose. A great talent! Sky is the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom