Daniel Hamilton decision to leave article | The Boneyard

Daniel Hamilton decision to leave article

Reaction Score
He hated college, a reverse Caron Butler. I still believe another year would have put him in the first round and he would be much better off financially at this point. But that is something that can never be known.

Reaction Score
He's 23 and has a 1.23 M dollar contract. I'd say it worked out for him no matter what any of us think. Good luck to him hope he makes it to roster level for a very long time.

Pretty interesting Boat mentioning he was lucky "he didn't need to make money right away" so it made the decision easier. Hmmmm

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“I love UConn,” Hamilton said. “I learned a lot in my two years at UConn. I got better from high school to college. I kept progressing, and it’s something I really value. … I just wanted to be a professional, regardless of whether I was in the G-League or not, regardless of whether I was ready. I just didn’t want to be in college anymore. ”

Well there you go. I wish him well.

Reaction Score
He's 23 and has a 1.23 M dollar contract. I'd say it worked out for him no matter what any of us think. Good luck to him hope he makes it to roster level for a very long time.

Pretty interesting Boat mentioning he was lucky "he didn't need to make money right away" so it made the decision easier. Hmmmm
A short term ,pretty minimum , contract insures he can live well for awhile. A first round pick means not only that but possible lifetime financial security for him and his eventual family. Apples vs Oranges. Hopefully he plays well enough to get some security from his talents and hard work he put into honing them.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
“I love UConn,” Hamilton said. “I learned a lot in my two years at UConn. I got better from high school to college. I kept progressing, and it’s something I really value. … I just wanted to be a professional, regardless of whether I was in the G-League or not, regardless of whether I was ready. I just didn’t want to be in college anymore. ”

And that’s why the NBA needs to get rid of the one and done rule.

Reaction Score

Well isn't his dad Rip Hamilton?

Reaction Score
Good call when he made it. Good call retrospectively. For him. Not necessarily for you.
"If he had stayed, and if KO's system didn't make him look unimproved, and if he had improved, and if this and if that, then maybe he could have made more money."
Kid went for it, and made it. Much respect.

Reaction Score
A short term ,pretty minimum , contract insures he can live well for awhile. A first round pick means not only that but possible lifetime financial security for him and his eventual family. Apples vs Oranges. Hopefully he plays well enough to get some security from his talents and hard work he put into honing them.

He was not guaranteed to be taken in the first round if he stayed, he would have had all the same issues that he has now, not a great shooter and shakey handle. There have been plenty of more talented players taken in 2nd round. He probably would have been late first early 2nd pick if he stayed- probably.

He made the right decision as Larrier and Gilbert injuires meant we would probably not made the tourny which is where players get tons of exposure.

Reaction Score
He made the right decision as Larrier and Gilbert injuires meant we would probably not made the tourny which is where players get tons of exposure.
And let's not forget the string of players who ended up improving not at all under Ollie.
Kid was smart to bail out of the dumpster fire.

Reaction Score

We would not have made the tournament even if those guys were healthy. We lost at home twice to low level mid majors.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Hamilton went to practice on Friday, and spoke with Hurley. Not sure he went to the charity game, but I am assuming he did. Good stuff from Daniel, staying involved, giving the program some respect and appreciation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sounds like Hamilton went to practice on Friday, and spoke with Hurley. Not sure he went to the charity game, but I am assuming he did. Good stuff from Daniel, staying involved, giving the program some respect and appreciation.
DHam played in the charity game. Looked good physically, played ok, I wouldn't say he looked head & shoulders above others as some of the NBA and even ex-NBA guys did (RIP, Boat, Ray, Brimah).

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
DHam played in the charity game. Looked good physically, played ok, I wouldn't say he looked head & shoulders above others as some of the NBA and even ex-NBA guys did (RIP, Boat, Ray, Brimah).
When you see the super scrub front court guys that just kick around in the NBA it makes me mad Brimah hasn’t really gotten a loook

Reaction Score
When you see the super scrub front court guys that just kick around in the NBA it makes me mad Brimah hasn’t really gotten a loook

No doubt. Brimah is a physical beast and with a strong coach like Calhoun would have been a first round pick.

Brimah just needs to keep working hard and the Spurs will call him up soon.

#GOGETITAMIDA

Reaction Score
When you're brothers are getting paid, it becomes an irresistible attraction and perhaps a more familiar decision to make.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Can he catch the ball yet? He should spend an hour a day standing in front of a ball cannon catching balls.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Most people reading this stayed in college so they didn't have to get a job. Good for him. Hope it works out well.

Reaction Score
In the end it’s his decision but looking at it from a selfish fan standpoint, it didn’t make any sense. He was coming off a good postseason, wudda prolly been an all American , and didn’t need the money. Now he wallows around the g league and hopes to be a bench guy in the nba in near future. Him leaving that year was a big loss for program and one of the 20 reasons we are in this spot now. That’s my selfish angle. Lol.

Reaction Score
But like he said, he wasn’t a college guy. Just another one on the many reasons the men’s team is in the hole they are in now. Dark days are behind us. We climb out this year!!!

Reaction Score
If you remember that team a few years ago they came on strong late and then ran into a buzz saw in Kansas in the second around(I believe the game was in Kemper Arena-yeah that’s fair ) I think they would’ve beat most teams they would’ve been matched up with aside from the one seed especially a big team like Kansas that year. Team was just too much for them. Cudda deff been a sweet 16 year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No doubt. Brimah is a physical beast and with a strong coach like Calhoun would have been a first round pick.

Brimah just needs to keep working hard and the Spurs will call him up soon.

#GOGETITAMIDA

Physical beast? He's a bean pole. Still. Doesn't have any hands to speak of and not great court awareness.

He might have got a second round flyer, but he's not part of a first rounder even w 4 years under JC.

And I like Brimah.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom