Dangerfield's floaters . . . . ! | The Boneyard

Dangerfield's floaters . . . . !

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
So maybe Crystal didn't quite have things dialed in from long range last night. A bit of an off night from that standpoint.

BUT she showed again her ability to create "Wow" moments with a couple of ridiculous floaters, one from the right side in the first half , with Turner(?) closing hard, and an even more jewel-like ditty from the left side in the 2nd half.

The latter shot started out as exploratory surgery on the ND defense, with Crystal hugging the edges of the D, looking for a weak spot, dribbling with the left hand. She then exploded up into the air, rising and floating completely sideways to her left, executing the entire motion--including the shot--without ever touching the ball with her strong (right) hand.

What a thing of beauty it was. Off glass, never touching the rim, completely with the off-hand. Wait, what?!?

WOW.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Great guns

2A4A61E7-DEFB-4509-91F3-4AC3E428FF2F.jpeg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The announcers said Crystal added several pounds of muscle this summer, including 2 pounds in each arm. She is an incredible athlete. If basketball doesn’t work out, gymnastics would be a good fit.

Reaction Score
I think basketball is working out! CD is a deluxe point guard.....her overall play Sunday was terrific even with the shooting somewhat off. Quite the asset. How many other teams have pt guards as good?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think basketball is working out! CD is a deluxe point guard.....her overall play Sunday was terrific even with the shooting somewhat off. Quite the asset. How many other teams have pt guards as good?
Maybe 1 or 2. Or maybe 0. I think she's the most exciting player in the country.

Reaction Score
Crystal is the straw that stirs the drink.....she is not good....she is great. Take her out and then you doubters will unfortunately see. Watch her with the subs and she makes them a nice team. Enjoy her and her great teamates!

Reaction Score
Maybe 1 or 2. Or maybe 0. I think she's the most exciting player in the country.
I think Oregon State is the only school with a pg that is on a similar level but she has ran this team with brilliance all season. Has quietly averaged basically 14ppg, 6ast & 4 rebounds! I’m not taking ANYONE over Crystal Dangerfield.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Oregon State is the only school with a pg that is on a similar level but she has ran this team with brilliance all season. Has quietly averaged basically 14ppg, 6ast & 4 rebounds! I’m not taking ANYONE over Crystal Dangerfield.
I was thinking Oregon and/or Oregon State.

Reaction Score
The beauty of Crystal is how she transformed from the "deer in the headlights" freshman to the strong, confident, take charge player she has become. Watching kids develop like this, and learning to play together, is what I just love about UConn WBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal has an array of shots straight from the playground which she likely developed over many years playing against much bigger opponents. My favorite so far this year is the running, diagonal bank shot over Brianna Turner at ND. Surprised she's not getting more love on ESPN's plays of the day.

Reaction Score
Crystal has an array of shots straight from the playground which she likely developed over many years playing against much bigger opponents. My favorite so far this year is the running, diagonal bank shot over Brianna Turner at ND. Surprised she's not getting more love on ESPN's plays of the day.
Note that in each game so far, as the quarters wind down to 0 Crystal is in control of the final shot. Rehearsal for the final four.

Reaction Score
She reminds me of Moriah and Moriah I thought was the best, and Danger has another year. How lucky can one group of fans be???

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Crystal's floaters are a thing of beauty. I love that she added it to her arsenal. Coaches Shae Ralph and Jasmine Lister are very good guard Coaches.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Crystal's floaters are a thing of beauty. I love that she added it to her arsenal. Coaches Shae Ralph and Jasmine Lister are very good guard Coaches.
I agree on the beauty of Crystal’s “floaters.” But she hasn’t recently added those shots. Crystal developed those shots years ago playing against much bigger opponents as she was growing up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom