Dangerfield needs to drive and dish more | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield needs to drive and dish more

Reaction Score
Game was over in the first half. Tough game on Monday. I have no problem with our players who are banged up not killing themselves.

Reaction Score
You know who also looked really bad in defense yesterday? Katie lou. I forgot how many times the Duke girl scored on her. Putting your hands up on a stop and pop jumper is barely an afford.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Kobe shin injury.jpg
Kobe shin injury.jpg
Straight and to the point! This blog site needs a bit more of that!
I love Uconn because of their uncompromising pursuit of excellence. I think I can still be a fan and not be happy with the performance yesterday. Like Geno says, he wants fans to leave the "performance" awed and inspired by the team. If they do win the NC (knock on wood), I want it to be epic. That wasn't yesterday.
I've been involved in basketball for 50 years and I've never heard of a shin-splints injury in basketball. Marathoning yes. Come on- play or don't play- that is the question. Duke was daring Crystal and UConn to slash in those Grand Canyonesque sized gaps in their D. Not like UConn to not take what the defense is giving.
Let's go. Stop talking about this injury. Play or don't play. If you play, then lay it on the line. This collection of personnel has 2 weeks left! Win or lose, make it epic!!

Article from 2013
Last year, NBA superstar Kobe Bryant missed two games in a row with shin splints. If you’re an athlete, you know how frustrating it is to be sidelined with an injury. However, shin splints are difficult to ignore. This condition manifests itself as sharp, shooting pains running up the front of the leg, between the ankle and knee, caused by inflammation of the muscles, tendons and tissues along the tibia. If the pain was enough to keep Kobe off the court for two straight games, you know this is no minor issue.
Sports Injury Spotlight: Shin Splints Sideline NBA Stars and Runners

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not true. In fact listen to Kara about her stunting players to cause turnovers.
Did you even watch the game? Do you rather just listen to someone comment at a very earlier time of the game than watch the game and analyze yourself???

Reaction Score
My goodness, are there any good players for UConn?

Really? You're above this kind of strawman nonsense.

Yes, the team has won every game so far and will be favored in every game going forward.
Yes, the team has flaws that are a concern with three Top-10 teams standing between us and a championship.

This is a fan discussion board. A soft censoring of concern and criticism is not warranted.

Reaction Score
Did you even watch the game? Do you rather just listen to someone comment at a very earlier time of the game than watch the game and analyze yourself???

I watched the game and I listen and see with my own eyes. She was called for a non existent foul.

Oh and btw did your finger get stuck on ? Key slamming it hard.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
You know who also looked really bad in defense yesterday? Katie lou. I forgot how many times the Duke girl scored on her. Putting your hands up on a stop and pop jumper is barely an afford.

Which "Duke girl" would that be?

Reaction Score
It was all in the game plan. Geno knew what was coming since every team tried to milk the clock a la Mississippi Sate, UCF, Q, etc.. He was just tinkering with a slow offense and less movement to deal with this new/old fad. There is no way Dangerfield would walk up and slow the offense down on her own. This would have worked great, only problem was that no one cold shoot the ball so Duke managed to stay close. Geno will keep tinkering with this and he needs this because he might see Mississippi Sate again and they match up a lot better than Duke.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Definitely your game plan. Pretty obvious if you ask me that all your switches were to limit the backcourts touches and it worked out the way you wanted it. There isn't a team that can come back from a 20 point deficit against you.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Yes, the team has won every game so far and will be favored in every game going forward.
Yes, the team has flaws that are a concern with three Top-10 teams standing between us and a championship.

This is a fan discussion board. A soft censoring of concern and criticism is not warranted.
It's not censorship; it's sarcasm because I think all the hand wringing over a 35-0 team (that's already beaten 2 of the other three top seeds) day after day after day to be tiresome.

If you don't like it here, stay on the men's board.

Reaction Score
It's not censorship; it's sarcasm because I think all the hand wringing over a 35-0 team (that's already beaten 2 of the other three top seeds) day after day after day to be tiresome.

If you don't like it here, stay on the men's board.

Is this a cheerleading board or a discussion board?

If the only discussion that's encouraged is "rah rah, we're so great", then it is the former.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is this a cheerleading board or a discussion board?

If the only discussion that's encouraged is "rah rah, we're so great", then it is the former.
If the players do 10 things right and 1 thing wrong, a certain group of people will harp on the negative. Others will pick a player and harp on every little thing she does - ignoring teammates that are also not playing to the fans' expectations. I've seen more criticism of Lou and Crystal lately, too. Heaven forbid that these people recognize that the other teams are getting progressively better as the tournament goes on. Our Huskies are supposed to be perfect, unbeatable, and mow down everyone by 50 and when they don't, by God, it's a disaster. It's fatiguing in the extreme to read the stuff I've seen this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the players do 10 things right and 1 thing wrong, a certain group of people will harp on the negative. Others will pick a player and harp on every little thing she does - ignoring teammates that are also not playing to the fans' expectations. I've seen more criticism of Lou and Crystal lately, too. Heaven forbid that these people recognize that the other teams are getting progressively better as the tournament goes on. Our Huskies are supposed to be perfect, unbeatable, and mow down everyone by 50 and when they don't, by God, it's a disaster. It's fatiguing in the extreme to read the stuff I've seen this year.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of the board doesn't care Napheesa falls away on shots or that Azura isn't perfect as learns her new role as center. And to criticize fans tired of daily dead horse beatings? Rather arrogant, no?

This has been a battle all season for me. And I'm down to my last nerve.
Pheesa falling away on shots are called fade aways and I haven’t seen a college player make them consistently like her. Start falling away on 3’s for all I care!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Straight and to the point! This blog site needs a bit more of that!
I love Uconn because of their uncompromising pursuit of excellence. I think I can still be a fan and not be happy with the performance yesterday. Like Geno says, he wants fans to leave the "performance" awed and inspired by the team. If they do win the NC (knock on wood), I want it to be epic. That wasn't yesterday.
I've been involved in basketball for 50 years and I've never heard of a shin-splints injury in basketball. Marathoning yes. Come on- play or don't play- that is the question. Duke was daring Crystal and UConn to slash in those Grand Canyonesque sized gaps in their D. Not like UConn to not take what the defense is giving.
Let's go. Stop talking about this injury. Play or don't play. If you play, then lay it on the line. This collection of personnel has 2 weeks left! Win or lose, make it epic!!
images

Reaction Score
HuskyNan said: My goodness, are there any good players for UConn?

I did not see it as a soft censoring but rather a mix of surprise and sarcasm; the same kind of reply that could have been issued from any BY member. This entire message board is based on give and take opinions with some being more subtly seasoned than others. I, for one, want as broad a menu as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Come on Nan. Don't you know there is no other team on the floor when Uconn is playing.
And the few times when there is another team like Duke playing Uconn Duke is not trying to win.
Come on Nan you should know this! LOL

Reaction Score
She must have listen to me how to shoot a three.
The whole team did well. Gabby was badass.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Her biggest asset is her quickness, but she's spending too much time on the perimeter. Wish she would drive more to open up the defense. We dont need her 3-point shooting, we need her to create space for the other 4. Jefferson was the best at doing this.

Oops! Ill timed bad call. UCONN can always use her three point shooting.:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom