Dangerfield needs to drive and dish more | The Boneyard

Dangerfield needs to drive and dish more

Reaction Score
Her biggest asset is her quickness, but she's spending too much time on the perimeter. Wish she would drive more to open up the defense. We dont need her 3-point shooting, we need her to create space for the other 4. Jefferson was the best at doing this.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield not good today; threw the ball away twice on one possession (4 to's total). BUT she wasn't the only problem. It's rare to see everyone on UConn go cold for an entire game. Even free throws were a problem: 4/8, ugh. Glad though to have one of these out of the way. Hard to imagine we'll have to sit through another any time soon. Bless the 'D.
I was also unhappy to hear JPM in her pre-game interview bring up the home court advantage the Huskies enjoy in Albany. She's done this repeatedly. Very irritating. Invite us to play at Duke, why don't you?
Gamecockies again on Monday. It's really Aja and the Other Four. Wilson can't carry this team on her own no matter what kind of a night she has. Could be the end of an era for SC. Nothing like her in the pipeline. Say goodnight, Gracie.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Actually IMO she needs to send the ball early down the court as that is what throws other teams off when you go into your offense early.

Reaction Score
It looked like she was a bit off her game. It also looked like she's lost a bit of confidence in her shot. I imagine missing practice to protect her shin splints is having an effect.
The whole team looked a little out of sync offensively. Very stationary and no penetration. That said a lot of shots were half way down and popped out. NCAA rims seem really tight this year. Same for everybody, obviously.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield is obviously hurt. Doesn’t have the burst she normally does but she is a calming presence for us. Nurse clearly just not a PG. We need her. That being said, I don’t think she’s a 17-18 ppg player nor is she a 7-9 ppg player (which is what she’s been of late). She’s somewhere in between but the good news is, we don’t need her to score. Just need her defense and to yes, take care of the ball. She will be fine...I hope!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
For the upteenth time - Crystal is battling shin splints. For most of the season too.

If you never had shin splints you do not know how painful they are. I've been there, not fun at all. The only cure is rest.

So some of the things you would like her to do, she may not be able to. Her practices are really limited. So Geno will use Crystal as best he can. I don't think you want to hear the other option.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Crystal certainly did not look like herself yesterday. That said, she and Kia need to make shots for this team to win the championship. They're going to be open. They need to make 'em.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
For the upteenth time - Crystal is battling shin splints. For most of the season too.

If you never had shin splints you do not know how painful they are. I've been there, not fun at all. The only cure is rest.

So some of the things you would like her to do, she may not be able to. Her practices are really limited. So Geno will use Crystal as best he can. I don't think you want to hear the other option.

I still get shin splints. When I use the treadmill at the gym there is a level I can put it on that will give me enough of workout to be worth it without getting shin splints. If I press it and go harder my shins will hurt. So having Crystal drive to the basket "might" be what makes the situation worse.

Reaction Score
Her biggest asset is her quickness, but she's spending too much time on the perimeter. Wish she would drive more to open up the defense. We dont need her 3-point shooting, we need her to create space for the other 4. Jefferson was the best at doing this.
You do recognize that Duke was jamming the middle to prohibit UC players from cutting down the middle. That is why we had so many open 3's but by and large didn't make as many as usual. Spread the defense, leave open lanes pick your poison. A different day we win by 35.

Reaction Score
First of all, Crystal looked pretty good to me physically, and I was almost on top of the court. Never saw her limping or any painfull facial expressions. Let's remember she , along with Kia were playing a seasoned backcourt soon to both be in the league. Duke's zone was also confusing, and which caused a lot of uncertainty as to UConn's decisions. The huskies had plenty of good looks that didn't fall. This was a 20 point game with 2:00 to play. A couple missed calls and player substitutions helped Duke fell better about themselves, and caused UConn fans to get cranky. As Geno said, " It's all about making shots ". SC has a their own liabilities, starting with their backcourt, and turnovers. AW will get her points , but not the win.

Reaction Score
You do recognize that Duke was jamming the middle to prohibit UC players from cutting down the middle. That is why we had so many open 3's but by and large didn't make as many as usual. Spread the defense, leave open lanes pick your poison. A different day we win by 35.
Exactly. Their zone looked to invite penetration, but collapse very quickly, and jammed the lane. Huskies just missed shots

Reaction Score
Dangerfield needs to step up and score with her flashy plays. She needs to attack the lane and dish. I remember seeing that quiet a bit from her. What happen?
She's out of control lately. And what' sup with them bricks? If you going to take a three, what you should always do is to put you body motion toward the basket, that's how you can be a be a good shooter.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield needs to step up and score with her flashy plays. She needs to attack the lane and dish. I remember seeing that quiet a bit from her. What happen?
She's out of control lately. And what' sup with them bricks? If you going to take a three, what you should always do is to put you body motion toward the basket, that's how you can be a be a good shooter.
Straight and to the point! This blog site needs a bit more of that!
I love Uconn because of their uncompromising pursuit of excellence. I think I can still be a fan and not be happy with the performance yesterday. Like Geno says, he wants fans to leave the "performance" awed and inspired by the team. If they do win the NC (knock on wood), I want it to be epic. That wasn't yesterday.
I've been involved in basketball for 50 years and I've never heard of a shin-splints injury in basketball. Marathoning yes. Come on- play or don't play- that is the question. Duke was daring Crystal and UConn to slash in those Grand Canyonesque sized gaps in their D. Not like UConn to not take what the defense is giving.
Let's go. Stop talking about this injury. Play or don't play. If you play, then lay it on the line. This collection of personnel has 2 weeks left! Win or lose, make it epic!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Straight and to the point! This blog site needs a bit more of that!
I love Uconn because of their uncompromising pursuit of excellence. I think I can still be a fan and not be happy with the performance yesterday. Like Geno says, he wants fans to leave the "performance" awed and inspired by the team. If they do win the NC (knock on wood), I want it to be epic. That wasn't yesterday.
I've been involved in basketball for 50 years and I've never heard of a shin-splints injury in basketball. Marathoning yes. Come on- play or don't play- that is the question. Duke was daring Crystal and UConn to slash in those Grand Canyonesque sized gaps in their D. Not like UConn to not take what the defense is giving.
Let's go. Stop talking about this injury. Play or don't play. If you play, then lay it on the line. This collection of personnel has 2 weeks left! Win or lose, make it epic!!
Yeah, who cares if Crystal is injured? The fans want excellence, dammit!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom