Dangerfield 29 points | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dangerfield 29 points

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Syl "tweeked" her calf in practice. Missed a few games intermittently. Odyssey Sims suspended 2 games for DUI last year
This was the 2nd game Syl missed due to the calf injury. She played the last game but missed the one prior to that. Before that, she had not missed a game since joining Minnesota. I believe she had the longest active streak at that point, at 150+ games.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
When did Syl get injured? How did Odysee get suspended?

Syl is sitting out because of a right calf strain. Sims had a DUI last year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The game was an uphill battle all day, without Sylvia and with L.A. being on fire, but Minnesota made a nice push early in the 3rd period to take the lead, and Crystal was the catalyst. She missed some shots from the arc early i the game and had only 5 points, I believe, at halftime. Then, she decided to use her speed and break some ankles. She needs space to get her shot off, but her speed and change of direction get her that space.

At 12.6 ppg, she is now the 3rd leading scorer among rookies, behind only Carter and Ionescu. She is also 3rd in mpg (27.4), behind Allemand and Carter. Crystal is also shooting 90% (18-20) on FTs.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Dangerfield was stellar and a lot of fun to watch. I think she'd thrive as a SG, as she has a great 3pt shot, pull up jumper and drives to the basket well. Problem is she's only 5-5. I'm surprised she dropped to 16 in the draft and is getting far more PT than the #6 pick MHH, especially since Fowles has been out. Dangerfield looks like she's gonna stick and do quite well in the pros.

Reaction Score
Crystal has always had these skills but didn't score as much as she could have due to:
-UConn's system didn't require the point guard to be a primary scorer
-Last year, there were usually one or more UConn players who didn't look to score, allowing the opposition the ability to double her or Walker.
-By the end of each year, Crystal was slowed by injuries. Her high velocity style of play took a physical toll.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Her career high was 26 — junior year vs. Temple.

and not so bad against top 3 teams in country last year

1597059779610.png

Reaction Score
I simply love watching Crystal play ball. IMO you can't find a player that will give you more effort every single time on the floor as Crystal and beyond that she steps up and makes the big shots/plays when her team needs her to. How many times during her career at UCONN was she the catalyst to get the team back on track or simply put them on her shoulders to carry them through a rough run? She has always and continues to play for the W, I have no doubt that she would trade her career high scoring night for a win for her team. She's a great point guard and I am so happy she landed on the Lynx, which in my opinion was the best possible match for her skills/game. The team's need and Reeve's coaching style were made to order for Crystal's success in the W. I look forward to seeing countless daggers, ankle breakers, on-point passes and relentless defense over what should be a long successful pro career. she's D-a-a-n-GER-o-u-s-s-s.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, she certainly impressed Candace.

I thought she might add how surprised she was since her 11 yr old is bigger. ;);)

Can't quite make out the statement about UConn but it sounded that great point guards are what UConn is known for

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, she certainly impressed Candace. "She's already good and she'll be great if she keeps it up."

If ya didn't know, now you know why Lynx HC Cheryl Reeve and other WNBA coaches LOVE UConn graduates on draft day. To borrow a line said by Paul Newman in the movie "HOMBRE".................."because I can cut it lady". ;) Simply put, UConn alums "can cut it."

1597089265335.png

Reeve on incoming UConn rookies: "They're plug n play and they learn quickly." Collier's stock is rising right about now with Reeve. She implored Reeve to draft Dangerfield. Looks like she was right!! Dangerous has started the last 4-5 games, and has held her own. ;)

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
With all the injuries, if Danger can stay healthy, keep performing, and not get overshadowed by Simms, its hers to win!
ROY could be the last one standing!! Of course, Crystal needs to keep up her good play and help Minny win.

Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic, but I'm worried about injuries across the WNBA. This schedule is so brutal! Teams play 6 games every two weeks. That's a day break between games and one 3 day break. Yikes!

When even the rookies like Crystal are showing the wear and tear, you have to wonder how the vets are holding up.

Reaction Score
I think the vets are more professional about it. They have to play all year and around the world to make a living so I think they are better prepared with recovery routines.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the former UConn players, who had brutal practices that were tougher than most games, may survive the rigors of the compressed schedule better than most.

Reaction Score
Is it too early or premature to have Crystal Dangerfield into consideration as a PG candidate for 2024 Paris or am I getting ahead of myself?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Is it too early or premature to have Crystal Dangerfield into consideration as a PG candidate for 2024 Paris or am I getting ahead of myself?

Sabrina says you're getting ahead of yourself.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Crystal may be too short to be an Olympian, but I think she’ll have a strong pro career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom