Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Dan Orlovsky has some strong words for AD/UConn

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
was Dan sitting on some bar stool in the valley? we've all been there, well the men have anyways

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As I prepare for my first visit to Gampel Pavillion tomorrow, and reflect on the men's group my father was in with Harry Gampel, I can't help but wonder about the "kind of a schmuck" quote.

At a literal level, "schmuck" & "putz" mean the same thing. I don't know how this Comment will play appear after the filter has its say, but the former word is usually used to convey a negative impression of someone's personality, pretty much calling that person a dick. The latter is used more to convey a person's ineffectiveness. Neither is a compliment, but I think the Toppers would vote strongly for "putz" as the correct word in the context of the article.

They'd also be sad that the great Jewish delis are disappearing, and that most bagels bear a relationship to the real thing that most pizza outside of the known hallowed locales does.

If DB is kind of a db (convenient huh?), that's one thing, but if he’s not very good at his job, that's a different thing altogether.

Per usual, I don't know.

If going to a basketball game generates this level of reflection I would love to watch you buy a car. When the new models come in halfway through the process do you have to start over :)?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
was Dan sitting on some bar stool in the valley? we've all been there, well the men have anyways

Minnesota. Same difference really.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I think even the farm animals on horse barn hill realized it was time to fire Diaco, so I'm not sure Benedict realizing that is particularly remarkable... ;)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If going to a basketball game generates this level of reflection I would love to watch you buy a car. When the new models come in halfway through the process do you have to start over :)?
Three years old, off-lease, certified pre-owned, driven by someone who put on fewer miles than I would have & absorbs the major depreciation, bought late in month seems to work best.
Tomorrow, I'll watch the game, meet some new folks, learn about travel times & parking & sight lines & concessions & ticket buying, visit the art museum, and check out the Dairy Bar...with a balance of compositional & improvisatory energy that aligns with the Lee Morgan music I heard earlier tonight at Yale.
And, yeah, I'll be remembering my Dad who passed away 35 years after first taking me to Storrs. He only saw KEA's first dozen games and no National Championships.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Three years old, off-lease, certified pre-owned, driven by someone who put on fewer miles than I would have & absorbs the major depreciation, bought late in month seems to work best.
Tomorrow, I'll watch the game, meet some new folks, learn about travel times & parking & sight lines & concessions & ticket buying, visit the art museum, and check out the Dairy Bar...with a balance of compositional & improvisatory energy that aligns with the Lee Morgan music I heard earlier tonight at Yale.
And, yeah, I'll be remembering my Dad who passed away 35 years after first taking me to Storrs. He only saw KEA's first dozen games and no National Championships.

You’ve got a long agenda there but make sure to look for Chief. He’s the tall stoic one with Bunkey.

When you see the concessions you are going to wish you got that rotisserie chicken.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I forgot about Bear’s. I usually ignore it because I am anti-line.
And I reserve the right to stop into the new space on my way through Hartford if the line bothers me. Or Wethersfield Pizza. Or something I can't yet imagine.
Plans are worthless; planning is indispensable.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I forgot about Bear’s. I usually ignore it because I am anti-line.
At the hockey game last night I’m pretty sure bears and chicken planet or whatever were the only places open. I stood in on the bears line for 20 minutes.

Reaction Score
Dan knows far more about whats going on at Uconn athletics than any of us. Between Edsall, Taurasi and Okafor..he’s in the “know” even if he’s not directly involved in Uconn athletics (and I’d wager he is.)

So if he says the athletic director is a Schmuck...

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
He saw the program he helped build get flushed into the toilet for eternity and the front porch of the university currently swirling in the bowl. He's mad and honestly just probably airing out frustrations whether correct or not. Other than this board most would probably agree with him because from the outside our athletic department has been one train wreck after another and the people at the top will usually be the target.
It is never a good idea to air frustrations to the press.

C

Chief00

Sorry about your Dad missing a National Championship. Makes me think about how the great Joe McGinn just missed it too but was still an inspiration to the team.

C

Chief00

I'm sure AD Dave still thinks Orlovsky is a butthead, but he's not gonna say that to the press.

They are both former football players and both have probably said some dumb things before - no big deal - just move on

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sorry about your Dad missing a National Championship. Makes me think about how the great Joe McGinn just missed it too but was still an inspiration to the team.
Who else but you would link my father w/Joe McGinn?
I'd say that only my sister would get this, but how would I explain Chief?

C

Chief00

Who else but you would link my father w/Joe McGinn?
I'd say that only my sister would get this, but how would I explain Chief?

Hans - It’s the ultimate compliment. Anyone who was fortunate enough to know Joe admired his courage, fire and loyalty. Back then a Championship was viewed as a once in a lifetime gift that you appreciated and felt blessed when it did happen. There was no entitlement. It’s ironic that a few that deserved that Championship experience the most came so close but left us just before it happened. I can’t explain why but maybe if you believe in Heaven - they helped get us over the hump?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hans - It’s the ultimate compliment. Anyone who was fortunate enough to know Joe admired his courage, fire and loyalty. Back then a Championship was viewed as a once in a lifetime gift that you appreciated and felt blessed when it did happen. There was no entitlement. It’s ironic that a few that deserved that Championship experience the most came so close but left us just before it happened. I can’t explain why but maybe if you believe in Heaven - they helped get us over the hump?
Understood.
During the 2014 run, I thought of my teen pal Dan who had been to all 4 prior F4s, but passed from cancer at a too young age in January. Phil Martelli's grandson was no match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom