Dan O Not Pleased With How Far UConn Has Fallen (Des) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan O Not Pleased With How Far UConn Has Fallen (Des)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's why all the maybes and probably nots. Good grief man get over yourself.

So you threw out something nonsensical and know it but I need to 'get over myself' for pointing it out? Makes sense.

Reaction Score
Ever think that maybe an active NFL player that has a young family doesn't have a ton of free time on his hands either. He was invited to attended the Motor City Bowl recognition ceremony with the others but had a game that weekend (discussed w/ Joe D in the recorded segment before the game). It's not always a matter of someone dropping the ball. Mutual free time is a huge factor.
With us turning into what looks like a laughing stock, hopefully we can somehow get him back to UCONN to at least offer a few words of encouragement...Help instill some pride in the program again....

Reaction Score
He kinda nails it here, I know people don't like to hear it, but we look worse them anticipated. I know a lot of that is the Casey injury but damn.

"I understand it's a completely new coaching staff and you have to have the change-of-culture process and that takes time, but I also think that gets blown out of proportion a little bit as well. At some point you see progress and you see growth, glimmers of hope.

Reaction Score
Can anyone comment on former players involvement in the program whether it be donating or attendance at the games. I know diaco had a couple forums where he brought some players on, but hardly see them attending games besides maybe Michigan

Unfortunately the perception about former player interaction with the team is very inaccurate. Coach Diaco and Andy Baylock are constantly striving to allow former players to be part of the current program. We had a huge turnout in the spring where more than 100 former players attended practice, positional groupings with the players and coaches, and had a wonderful dinner with the coaches. Andy puts out a monthly newsletter that keeps all football alumni up to date on football alumni happenings. We have an open invitation to attend any practice and/or tour the on campus practice facilities at any time. We are invited to 2 games a year where we all can go down onto the field and greet the team as they come out of the tunnel. Twice a year we have a career fair. Former players (approximately 30 at each fair) meet the current players and make presentations concerning their chosen career path. We give the current players an idea of what former players are doing in non-football related careers. Any we try to give them a little career guidance. There is actually a career fair today that I have been invited to attend. On game day, look around the tailgate and stadium and you will see many hats like this. We are all former players who wear this hat proudly.

photo.JPG

Reaction Score
There's a group of football players that have huge parties once or twice a year in the aero club. They are still tailgating when my group heads in 15 minutes before kickoff, and their cars are gone by the time we return after the game.

I think interaction is what the alumni make of it. I know for a fact that Diaco and others in the program have and continue to reach out to alumni to keep them involved in some form.

Reaction Score
People keep looking for reasons to put all the blame on Diaco. Let's face it he's made mistakes but he needs time to fix a badly broken program.

My understanding is he's reaching out to all the UConn family.

Dan Orlovsky is a good guy but he's not a Rhodes Scholar or a Vince Lombardi.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Personally, I loved reading this. Danny O is probably the most celebrated alum and often credited (rightfully so) as being "the guy" who led the team that emerged from underneath trailers to the Big East. Highly recruited and a CT kid and he chose to stay home to build UCONN. He has every right to be frustrated and, to be honest, I LOVE to read just how frustrated he is. I love reading that UCONN is talked about by guys in the NFL in a "what the he11 happened to them?" kind of way. It just shows just how much respect the program had not too long ago and how much respect that it could have again with a return to winning.

Also: F Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
People keep looking for reasons to put all the blame on Diaco. Let's face it he's made mistakes but he needs time to fix a badly broken program.

My understanding is he's reaching out to all the UConn family.

A harsh pill to swallow now being considered a badly broken program considering we played in the Fiesta Bowl just four seasons ago and before we typically went bowling

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

And yet he's so much more articulate than you.

He has an educated opinion on the subject - it can't be dismissed so easily.

Reaction Score
And yet he's so much more articulate than you.

He has an educated opinion on the subject - it can't be dismissed so easily.

I heard an emotional and heartfelt point of view from Dan. Not much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom