Dan Hurley undergoes surgery for back/neck. Expected back by official start of practices Sept. 28. | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley undergoes surgery for back/neck. Expected back by official start of practices Sept. 28.

Reaction Score

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Seems like a couple OV’s (cam maybe was one) there was discussion regarding the recruit & UConn just trying to settle on a date.

This have anything to do with that?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would guess this is why an assistant was in to see certain players and not Dan. Hope he recovers quickly and fully.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Does this affect this critical time of recruiting? I wouldn’t think so but asking wiser minds

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
>>Dan Hurley underwent successful surgery on Friday to relieve persistant neck and upper back discomfort, according to a release sent out by UConn.

Hurley, the Huskies’ second-year head coach, is resting comfortably and is expected to be released from the hospital within the next day or two. He will continue his recuperation at home, and is not expected to miss the start of UConn’s official practices, which begin on Sept. 28.<<
Rest up coach and follow your PT recommendations!

Reaction Score
Does this affect this critical time of recruiting? I wouldn’t think so but asking wiser minds

Odd timing. Recruiting visits start next week and he'll be out several weeks. Must have been trying to get by the problem but it turned worse and required surgery.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Odd timing. Recruiting visits start next week and he'll be out several weeks. Must have been trying to get by the problem but it turned worse and required surgery.
Delaying would likely have increased the potential for having to miss time during the season.
I've been putting off shoulder surgery for 55 years because it's never a convenient time to have it. Now I've gotten to the point where a 6 mo recovery is too big a chunk of the time I likely have left on the clock.

Reaction Score
Delaying would likely have increased the potential for having to miss time during the season.
I've been putting off shoulder surgery for 55 years because it's never a convenient time to have it. Now I've gotten to the point where a 6 mo recovery is too big a chunk of the time I likely have left on the clock.

A retired neighbor, just turned 70, had his shoulder done in January and was back playing a lot of golf by the summer so don't give up on the idea if you have enough years left (of course, how do we know) to make life more enjoyable.

Reaction Score
Coach, I hope you heal well!

Anyone with neck, back and spine related pain might consider a different kind of treatment that I have become familiar with over the last 18 months. Current approaches to these situations (and many situations can be quite different)... generally can be risky and destructive (biochemically) to the body.

Although not for every situation - please consider and research RFA (radio frequency ablaisment). And please be careful IF you choose this option... many claim they can... not so much... My son's friend and former boss (an MD) corrects 2-3 each week - here in Jacksonville.

Essentially, radio frequency is used to burn the nerve. Sounds a little crazy... but actually it is truly brilliant. For anyone with basic understanding of nerves - they know that they rebuild/repair themselves very slowly. 4-6 years in most cases - some much longer. The risk is essentially zero - and you are off all pharmaceuticals - which is the second half of his objective.

RFA was developed (I believe) at the Cleveland clinic years ago by a brilliant guy. My son's former boss (learned this directly from him years ago). My son did this procedure with him (500 patients) over the last 18 months... Again, all successful - with a few 'retreats'. IMO, this is much safer than destroying your liver and kidneys with pain medications. The CDC in Atlanta announces a shocking number of cases of kidney disease every year - just tied to the use of Tylenol (acetometaphin).

Research, verify... I hope that helps someone out there.

Reaction Score

Older fishing buddy of mine has been putting off hip replacement surgery all year because he wanted to not miss boating/ fishing season. Two weeks ago he slipped and fell on his dock and popped it out not sure what he did to pop it back into the socket but went to doctor the following day and they wanted to do emergency surgery. My friend told him no theres still 2 months of boating/ fishing season and to keep it scheduled for November 11th. He's been sleeping in his living room on his recliner since the slip cause he can't walk upstairs and continues to go boating/ fishing 4-5 days a week while suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Older fishing buddy of mine has been putting off hip replacement surgery all year because he wanted to not miss boating/ fishing season. Two weeks ago he slipped and fell on his dock and popped it out not sure what he did to pop it back into the socket but went to doctor the following day and they wanted to do emergency surgery. My friend told him no theres still 2 months of boating/ fishing season and to keep it scheduled for November 11th. He's been sleeping in his living room on his recliner since the slip cause he can't walk upstairs and continues to go boating/ fishing 4-5 days a week while suffering.
My kinda guy.
But I fish 12 months of the year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom