Dan Hurley, UConn men will bond over Christmas, start working on corrections for the rest of the season | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley, UConn men will bond over Christmas, start working on corrections for the rest of the season

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley, UConn men will bond over Christmas, start working on corrections for the rest of the season

Alternate access

“We’re going to practice on Christmas Day and then we’ll socially distance somewhere and do Christmas as a group,” coach Dan Hurley said. “When we practice, I won’t yell at them. I’ll be very positive and upbeat. I’ll wear a Santa hat if they want, and when we have a Christmas get-together in our own little bubble, we’ll just enjoy the time together. It’ll be good for culture and our camaraderie to spend some time together outside of competition.”

Reaction Score
Good to hear this. “You’ve got to do the best you can under the circumstances,” Hurley said “and at the end of the year, you’re going to have to accept responsibility for whatever type of season you have.” Accepting the challenges presented by of COVID is the first step in overcoming them.

However if he wanted to get Carlton into the flow, nailing him to the bench for the first two games was NOT the way to do it.

Reaction Score

Alternate access

“We’re going to practice on Christmas Day and then we’ll socially distance somewhere and do Christmas as a group,” coach Dan Hurley said. “When we practice, I won’t yell at them. I’ll be very positive and upbeat. I’ll wear a Santa hat if they want, and when we have a Christmas get-together in our own little bubble, we’ll just enjoy the time together. It’ll be good for culture and our camaraderie to spend some time together outside of competition.”

Lucy's pricing lol.jpeg

BParkDog

I will see number 5.
Reaction Score
This board has become insufferable with the constant complaints in every thread about Hurley/UConn and games
This board has always been insufferable. Perennial Proclamations that it has "become" insufferable are akin to perennial proclamations that SNL has jumped the shark
Fonzie_jumps_the_shark.PNG
and is no longer funny.

All of us come here knowing and expecting that we will suffer because we know we will be willingly subjecting ourselves to the addled fanatics that infest the place. Like going into a smoky dive-bar loaded with alcoholics and reprobates - you know you're coming out smokey and stupider, but you go in anyway. Here, some suffer more. Some suffer less. But we all suffer. It is our lot.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Lol. Is Hurley low key trolling the covid protocol here? Hurley’s a hyper competitive guy you know this has to be the most frustrating experience for him personally.

Reaction Score
Lol. Is Hurley low key trolling the covid protocol here? Hurley’s a hyper competitive guy you know this has to be the most frustrating experience for him personally.

He might be, especially considering we wouldn't (couldn't due to state protocols?) play DePaul yet Western Illinois took the chance and played them in our slot last night.

Reaction Score
This board has always been insufferable. Perennial Proclamations that it has "become" insufferable are akin to perennial proclamations that SNL has jumped the shark
and is no longer funny.

All of us come here knowing and expecting that we will suffer because we know we will be willingly subjecting ourselves to the addled fanatics that infest the place. Like going into a smoky dive-bar loaded with alcoholics and reprobates - you know you're coming out smokey and stupider, but you go in anyway. Here, some suffer more. Some suffer less. But we all suffer. It is our lot.
It is our purpose

1608836019723.png

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yes he is 100%. And frankly, it stinks he can’t speak out against the protocols the University is taking from the state.

Reaction Score
Are these state health dept quarantine times "suggestions/best practices" or are these executive orders with power of law?

Reaction Score
I’m against games being cancelled because I want what’s best for our players, they would be the last ones who would want games being cancelled.

Not everyone who questions state protocols is a right wing Alex Jones conspiracy theorist. Those people don’t even care about sports btw.

Reaction Score
This board has become insufferable with the constant complaints in every thread about Hurley/UConn and games
For real. It’s ridiculous. Bunch of cry babies.

Reaction Score
and is no longer funny.

I like dive bars especially now that there’s no smoking.

Should be playing someone for sure they need games big time, but he’s the coach I trust him.

Reaction Score

Alternate access

The fact that they should have beaten a top ten team and they were without their second best player. That makes me think, this team has a very high ceiling. I think very good things are ahead if they can stay covid free.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom