Dan Hurley to be grand marshall at SRX opener at Stafford Speedway tonight. | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley to be grand marshall at SRX opener at Stafford Speedway tonight.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My two favorite sports - UConn and auto racing - will collide (excuse the pun) tonight when Dan Hurley will give the command to start the SRX cars tonight. It will be on ESPN and he might be interviewed by Connecticut's Joey Logano. Just a heads up.
I hadn't heard about it. Stafford's always a good time for me and I'm not the biggest race fan.

ADD: Looks like a sell out!

Reaction Score
Holy crap I absolutely have never watched a race of any kind and never will. Brought my son a few times to the Monster Trucks at Stafford but that’s it. Having said that I know the big names in racing and there were quite a few in Stafford for this one huh? Why were they on such a small track? Anyway ESPN showed Dans intro!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I can just try to imagine him out there with his hat on backwards waving a checkered flag. He must be loving this!

Reaction Score
Randomly look up at the TV at the bar and there's Danny on the TV coverage of the race!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I recorded it and will watch later, great for Uconn pulling in some nascar fans. Watching Wimbledon now Djokovic is on mission going to be hard to beat.

Reaction Score
Holy crap I absolutely have never watched a race of any kind and never will. Brought my son a few times to the Monster Trucks at Stafford but that’s it. Having said that I know the big names in racing and there were quite a few in Stafford for this one huh? Why were they on such a small track? Anyway ESPN showed Dans intro!
This is Stafford's third year of hosting SRX. The first ever SRX race was Stafford. The SRX had Kevin Harvick and Brad K there yesterday. NASCAR is at Loudon this weekend. SRX is a short track series.

Reaction Score
Had a great time last night, full house and a rocking crowd. Dan had hat forward for interview pre-race, flipped it backward for a bit while talking to drivers pre-race and then flipped it forward for the start command. @mauconnfan you should really give it a chance, either at Stafford or Lime Rock...both are legendary tracks in the sport. Consider Tony Kanaan, Brazilian and one of the best ever in Indy car racing....he drove in the Indy 500 2 months ago in front of 300,000 people...and then comes to small town CT to race in front of 7,000 fans. That's what you call love of the game...

Attachments

• IMG_0251 (1).jpg
    IMG_0251 (1).jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 57

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard about it. Stafford's always a good time for me and I'm not the biggest race fan.

ADD: Looks like a sell out!

Loved going up there as a kid with my dad. First place I experienced the metal trough urinal. 45 years later I'm still slightly traumatized from that.

SRX is a great summer series for local tracks to get some national exposure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
@mauconnfan you should really give it a chance, either at Stafford or Lime Rock...both are legendary tracks in the sport.
I always say having a rooting interest is vital to enjoy a sport you don't follow. And you'd be surprised how much having as little as $1 on the race can heighten your interest. Whoever won the pot had enough for a beer. So you can tell I haven't been in awhile.

Reaction Score
I haven’t been there in quite a while. A former roommate dated the owners’s daughter for a while. We were able to sit in owner’s box until VIPs replaced us.

I used to go to Lime Rock as well. That was more enjoyable to me. I saw Walter Payton race there. He raced the way he ran as his car was heavily damaged.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Would be nice to get him at Lime Rock - too many people don’t know about the real racing gem we have in the state.

Reaction Score
Would be nice to get him at Lime Rock - too many people don’t know about the real racing gem we have in the state.
That place is a gem. Such a beautiful part of the state. I saw a PBS special on that track and how it was built by Jim Vaill.

Nice place to go with family and friends and find a place on the hill with your lawn chairs and cooler.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom