Dan Hurley Q&A | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley Q&A

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
We're spoiled here. Leave the tri-state area and the quality of pizza and chinese food falls drastically. Sgt Peps would be the best pizza place in town for 99% of the country

I went out for Chinese once in Western Michigan. Once. It was the absolute worst food experience I ever had. Bar none.

Reaction Score
I went out for Chinese once in Western Michigan. Once. It was the absolute worst food experience I ever had. Bar none.
You can get good Chinese food in Fairfield county, NYC/westchester and northern NJ. After that you have to cross the entire country and get to the west coast for it. You were very brave to try it in Michigan

Reaction Score
Wow, I hope not. Would speak volumes about RI pizza though, if Hurley thinks Sgt. Pep’s is better.

There's a couple good Neapolitan places in RI. Super expensive, and attached to nice Italian restaurants thoough. Hardly pizza joints the way a Pepe's or Sally's is.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Average New Jersey pizza >>> average CT pizza
1544125771403.png

Reaction Score
He must have fond memories of HS / college days pizza when almost anything might have tasted good. NJ pizza is so bad that I do even think about eating it anymore.

Reaction Score
He must have fond memories of HS / college days pizza when almost anything might have tasted good. NJ pizza is so bad that I do even think about eating it anymore.
I can tell you from living there, there isn't any good pizza around the South Orange, Newark, Union area. There is Star Tavern pizza which is famous bar style pizza, I have no idea why it's famous though.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You can get good Chinese food in Fairfield county, NYC/westchester and northern NJ. After that you have to cross the entire country and get to the west coast for it. You were very brave to try it in Michigan
I had osso bucco in Superior, Wisconsin. It literally tasted like they dumped a can of Dinty Moore over cheesy Minute Rice...Not sure what this has to do with anything, but your comment reminded me of it.

Reaction Score
Nah. They do italian better and bagels a million times better but they aren't even close with the pizza.
Their bagels are better but if you are in CT and have a bagelman near you, it's not much of a drop-off.

Reaction Score
I had osso bucco in Superior, Wisconsin. It literally tasted like they dumped a can of Dinty Moore over cheesy Minute Rice...Not sure what this has to do with anything, but your comment reminded me of it.
Germans. Basically brats, schnitzel and fried cheese curds is all they eat up there.

Reaction Score
"The pizza is better (in Connecticut) than Rhode Island but not as good as Jersey."

Oh Danny.
Sorry Danny, we here at the Boneyard Pizza Lobby know about Pizza. So unless he can find a sports message board in Jersey with 100+ pages, 2700+ opinions and 179,000 views on the subject; he is mistaken. :confused:

Reaction Score
i hope hurley knows there's a Pepe's location in manchester. that should be the go-to spot for someone living in glastonbury.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hurley likes Party Pizza.

Sad.
Tuesday was my great-grandaughter's birthday. Her grandmother told us, the party's at 7, but we're having family over for pizza at 5, and you're welcome to come. My wife assumed we were going, because I never turn down pizza. But I told her no, "family" over there means 15~18 people, and past experience says that means party pizza. Might as well be Dominoes, so no thanks.

August_West

Reaction Score
Tuesday was my great-grandaughter's birthday. Her grandmother told us, the party's at 7, but we're having family over for pizza at 5, and you're welcome to come. My wife assumed we were going, because I never turn down pizza. But I told her no, "family" over there means 15~18 people, and past experience says that means party pizza. Might as well be Dominoes, so no thanks.

Thats actually a couple steps up from what RI people call Party Pizza.

Served at room temperature.

Often sold at gas stations.

o.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score
One bite, everybody knows the rules. Hurley flopped on this one, he gets a 0.0.

If a few people want to chip in for this XMAS sweater I will give it to hurley at next gampel game.

onebite-2017xmas1-crewneck-red_grande_4b51ab4f-d9e6-4bc2-b709-579683149c65.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I once had a pizza in Santee SC. I swear to God it was a can of Turkey gravy thrown in a flattened Biscquick roll with Vienna sausage cut up covered with American cheese But it was also the same night as the "shot" by Tate so all was good My son still talks about that pizza and he was 9 at the time

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Reporting from Arkansas. Can confirm. Send pizza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom