Dan Hurley on WFAN now | The Boneyard

Dan Hurley on WFAN now

Reaction Score
Mystery guest on moose & maggie. Amazingly Maggie guessed him after 1 question / answer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley seems resigned to idea of January start only, not hopeful for Nov

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Players are on campus but can't leave campus at all through August. They can only practice 2 at a time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He was great, fun 30 min listen can probably catch on wfan.com at some point. Talked covid, big east, recruiting, geno/jc , past players, his father and brother, JR Smith (he coached him in HS)

Reaction Score
Honestly, a January start for us would be ideal. We'd hopefully have a healthy Akok and it would give the team more time to practice. Yes, I understand other teams will have more time to practice as well, but when you have a really great coach, more practice time with the team (especially with some of the young guys we have coming in) should really help us out

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
My big fear is that we won't have a season. I really think we have something special happening in Storrs and I'd hate to lose momentum. I'd be less troubled by it if we were looking at a post 2014 Ollie team.

Reaction Score
My big fear is that we won't have a season. I really think we have something special happening in Storrs and I'd hate to lose momentum. I'd be less troubled by it if we were looking at a post 2014 Ollie team.

Agreed. This year would be big in putting us back on the national map. First year back in the BE, a bona fide emerging star in Bouk and a really talented supporting cast mixed with youth and experience. If we don't play a season it probably means we don't see Bouk in a UConn uniform ever again. January start is fine...but just PLEASE let there be a season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If football is cancelled I fear for the basketball season. I love both sports and find it depressing that they could and probably will be cancelled. If football goes while played outside what is the justification for basketball played in a confined interior space. Guys still sweating all over each other and in very close contact. Hope some type of treatment to contain the virus is developed soon. Without it things do not look good.

Reaction Score
Agreed. This year would be big in putting us back on the national map. First year back in the BE, a bona fide emerging star in Bouk and a really talented supporting class mixed with youth and experience. If we don't play a season it probably means we don't see Bouk in a UConn uniform ever again. January start is fine...but just PLEASE let there be a season.
This is 100% how I feel about the whole situation. Even though every other school is in the same position, It would just be another gut punch for us because like you said, It most likely means we never see Bouknight play another game for us. It feels like we just have an avalanche of momentum going into this season with the Big East, the good recruiting class we have coming with RJ Cole, the returning and improving guys that already are on the roster, especially Bouknight.

With this whole Covid thing, I was a little depressed that we may not have the chance to attend games, but what really hurt was the thought of not being able to attend the Big East Tournament in our first year back. That would have been great. At this point, I would be fine with that as long as there is some kind of season.

Reaction Score
Good thing we left the "AAF" I agree Maggie.

And I love Danny but Bobby best PG in college basketball ever. Oh well I love my brother too! :eek:
Good listen though thanks for posting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Question. How hungry are NBA teams going to be if they are still not sure if games will be played for fans in the stands? If a college player could possibly wait a year and get better money could it lead to kids staying in school longer?

Reaction Score
Start date is up in the air but there will be a season.
Hope you're right, but the virus - and the public's willingness to respond - will dictate this more than university administrators.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Good thing we left the "AAF" I agree Maggie.

And I love Danny but Bobby best PG in college basketball ever. Oh well I love my brother too! :eek:
Good listen though thanks for posting.

Bobby was an incredibly effective guard and perfect for that Duke team who was loaded. He's absolutely a legendary college player. But Bobby Hurley couldnt have been put on UConn in 2011 and did what Kemba did.

And its not just UConn bias, there are other examples of incredible college guards.

Not to take away from what Bobby did though, its devastatingly impressive.

Reaction Score
Bobby was an incredibly effective guard and perfect for that Duke team who was loaded. He's absolutely a legendary college player. But Bobby Hurley couldnt have been put on UConn in 2011 and did what Kemba did.

And its not just UConn bias, there are other examples of incredible college guards.

Not to take away from your post, but I am not sure there is any PG that could do what Kemba accomplished. It was simply that special.

Bobby was perfect for that team and beating UNLV at that time was pretty special in itself. Its still not what Kemba did. In fact, if we replaced Kemba with junior year Bobby with all other parts being the same, we don't accomplish half of what we did.

Reaction Score

This ^ I am not taking away how good Bobby was but you said it perfectly AW. But again, can understand the brotherly love bias.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom