Dan Dakich's Coaching Candidates for UCLA | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Dan Dakich's Coaching Candidates for UCLA

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
LeBron is trying the change the bicycling culture in LA, he's an avid cyclist.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Calipari would be an incredible hire. I don't know what UCLA's budget is, but if they could match Kentucky's money, Calipari would probably go. He has been in Lexington a long time, and he has nothing left to prove there. He has all the money he would ever need, and you know he wants a bigger stage.

Outside of Duke, there's no bigger stage than Kentucky. Even when they suck, ESPN pumps them.

I mean UK probably would draw more fans at a spring practice than UCLA does for a league game.

UCLA bball will always be 5th or 6th fiddle in the LA market.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's definitely what I think of when I think of Los Angeles. You've never been here I gather.

Yes, I know there are lots of pretty people in LA. But get beyond the surface, it's ugly and plastic. And the "pretty people" are much to pretentious for this Neandertal from Ansonia.

I do whatever I can to avoid LA. I live in the desert about 150 miles east, in La Quinta, which has very good road bicycling.

Reaction Score
Rick Pitino Is A Top Target Of UCLA Boosters in Coaching Search

>>Rick Pitino is a top target of influential boosters to be the next head men's basketball coach at UCLA, an industry source told Forbes SportsMoney.

Casey Wasserman, a billionaire UCLA alum who was influential in the hiring of Chip Kelly as UCLA's new football coach, and John Branca, a graduate of the UCLA Law School and an entertainment lawyer who is the co-executor of Michael Jackson's Estate, both want Pitino, the source said.

"They're going after Pitino, that's their No. 1 choice," the source said.

"Casey Wasserman is the most powerful person at UCLA," the source added. "He runs everything."<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom