Dan Dakich's Coaching Candidates for UCLA | The Boneyard

Dan Dakich's Coaching Candidates for UCLA

Reaction Score
How do you not call Coach Musselman at Nevada? You can't call Pitino. You just can't. As for the others, I would assume that there is a possibility that they would listen. Steve Kerr may seem crazy but the college season is much less rigorous than the NBA season and he has had his medical issues. That would be the one reason why he would possibly consider it.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
How do you not call Coach Musselman at Nevada? You can't call Pitino. You just can't. As for the others, I would assume that there is a possibility that they would listen. Steve Kerr may seem crazy but the college season is much less rigorous than the NBA season and he has had his medical issues. That would be the one reason why he would possibly consider it.
What about the rigors of recruiting??

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like Cal would die for the opportunity to coach in LA. A bit different lifestyle than Lexington.

Reaction Score
If they open up the check book, I bet Calipari would entertain a phone call. He doesn't stick around anywhere for a long time.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie is an LA guy
I wonder if he'd take an assistant gig? It's not like KO didn't have skills. He just wasn't ready to be a HC. UCLA would be a great chance to get more seasoning. Of course the sword of the 'show cause' penalty hanging over his head is likely an issue.

Reaction Score
I feel like Cal would die for the opportunity to coach in LA. A bit different lifestyle than Lexington.
Yeah that seems reasonable to me. Seems like Calipari is stagnating a bit at UK, with Coach K taking over the mantle as the #1 one-and-done guy. Feel like Calipari would feast in LA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If they open up the check book, I bet Calipari would entertain a phone call. He doesn't stick around anywhere for a long time.
True, but tough to leave Kentucky unless the NCAA or the FBI are knocking at the door.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm going to get ridiculed for saying this but everybody on that list besides Kerr is gettable for UCLA

There's a reason for that gampel. Outside of Tricky Rick, nobody is remotely gettable. Wooden is more likely than the rest.

I believe cal would listen, for ego purposes alone but I don't see it. UCLA, despite its location, is a step down from UK basketball wise. Fanbases aren't remotely comparable

Last edited:
Reaction Score
True, but tough to leave Kentucky unless the NCAA or the FBI are knocking at the door.
Yeah but Kentucky fans are unbelievably spoiled and a lot of them are growing tired of Cal. He always picks the perfect time to leave. If he thinks he's done there, he'll leave. He's 59 so if he doesn't leave Kentucky soon, he's probably there for life.

Reaction Score
Cal is realistic along with Donovan. The rest are outrageous. He might as well of put Popovich on the list

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah but Kentucky fans are unbelievably spoiled and a lot of them are growing tired of Cal. He always picks the perfect time to leave. If he thinks he's done there, he'll leave. He's 59 so if he doesn't leave Kentucky soon, he's probably there for life.

Cal revels in being on top. I could be wrong, but I just can't seeing him leave for any school. Maybe Duke I suppo3, but that fit tho

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom