Damn. Let the 2nd guessing begin | The Boneyard

Damn. Let the 2nd guessing begin

Reaction Score
UConn vs. ND in semifinal means potential for refs to impact the game with less scrutiny. Anyone that doesn't think this game was impacted by how it was called is clueless. We don't play bad against ND because they play magical defense. We play bad because ND is allowed to hack and it prevents our superior players from utilizing their skill and athletic advantages. And then they get rattled. You can say that is their fault but pretty much anyone would get rattled when being hacked constantly. They ALWAYS become afraid to drive when the game is called like this.

Reaction Score
Game going into OT. What can you say. ND has played tougher. Huskies kind of choked. Couldn't buy a perimeter basket most of the night. Hopefully they can pull it out.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
ND didn't play tougher. They hacked and it wasn't called. HATE the refs.

I don’t disagree but down the stretch they got killed on the boards.

the Q

Reaction Score
Jesus. They play timid BECAUSE OF HOW THE GAME IS CALLED!!! ND is the darling.

They were timid from the start.

But you’re right. You called it from the beginning that this would happen.

Reaction Score
The word "choke" is harsh, but I'm pretty sure it's deserved. Reminds me of the game UConn lost in the semis to Notre Dame in Denver years ago. We all stood around asking ourselves why UConn was losing, and they lost.

the Q

Reaction Score
The word "choke" is harsh, but I'm pretty sure it's deserved. Reminds me of the game UConn lost in the semis to Notre Dame in Denver years ago. We all stood around asking ourselves why UConn was losing, and they lost.

They should’ve won this game by no less than 15.

Jesus.

And they turned it over with regularity. Let nd pound them on the boards late.

Down the stretch no one wanted the ball.

Reaction Score
And I don't think the refs were an issue on more than maybe two or three plays. On at least a couple, the UConn player fouled the ND player and it was not called, either. Did IK love the refs' work? Heck no. Did they cost UConn the game? Heck, no.

Reaction Score
That’s just an epic choke. Plain and simple.

They did it again.
Please. Anyone would "choke" under these conditions. Wake up folks. There is a reason why we lose to them in the semis. There is a reason why we lose to them in OT. It isn't an amazing coincidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom