DaJuan Coleman/Nerlens Noel | The Boneyard

DaJuan Coleman/Nerlens Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like Coleman's committing to 'Cuse tomorrow over UK. Will this improve our chances in '13 with Noel? They both seem like middle-of-the-zone guys to me, no?

Reaction Score
Nice... Nerlens to Uconn provided AD goes to draft... which I would say is a certainty except there don't appear to be any certainties with AD beyond that he's a beast...

It's no fun being a shot blocking extraordinaire stuck in the middle of a 2-3 zone anyway...

Reaction Score
DaJuan was at SU over the weekend, and cancelled his OSU trip (next weekend) making it look like he's going Orange!

Reaction Score
Last I saw Uconn was still on his list, along with the usual suspects - Cuse, Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Pitt... among others... I remember seeing some interesting twitter back and forth between him and AD back in August... couldn't tell if they were joking but it wasn't exactly puppies and rainbows... If Noels waits til spring and AD leaves, I think Uconn has a good chance... esp if Kaleb T goes to KU, and Cuse gets Coleman... Plus Pitt has freshman this year that plays Noels position and has zero chance of going pro after a year... That would really leave just Uconn, Kentucky, and Duke (where bigs go to lose all their athleticism)...

Reaction Score
I saw those tweets and I don't think it was Noel's actual twitter. There are 2 Nerlens Noel accounts and the one talking trash to AD was/is a bogus one someone made up. Nerlensnoel3 is the real twitter

Reaction Score
I realize that he will be a second class citizen here or at Uk following Davis or AD but we are a much better fan base as far a reasonable expectations. He is black so he can not play the 5 for dook.

Reaction Score
Last I saw Uconn was still on his list, along with the usual suspects - Cuse, Duke, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Pitt... among others... I remember seeing some interesting twitter back and forth between him and AD back in August... couldn't tell if they were joking but it wasn't exactly puppies and rainbows... If Noels waits til spring and AD leaves, I think Uconn has a good chance... esp if Kaleb T goes to KU, and Cuse gets Coleman... Plus Pitt has freshman this year that plays Noels position and has zero chance of going pro after a year... That would really leave just Uconn, Kentucky, and Duke (where bigs go to lose all their athleticism)...
Strange things happen and just as often as not recruits end up committing to a school that already has someone at their position. A lot of "ifs" on Noel but it would be great to land him.

Reaction Score
I realize that he will be a second class citizen here or at Uk following Davis or AD but we are a much better fan base as far a reasonable expectations. He is black so he can not play the 5 for dook.
I think everyone gets that you have a ridiculous amount of hatred for dook, but do you really have to bring up race and homosexuality every single time? You usually have some good stuff to say on this board, but stuff like this is just embarrassing...

Reaction Score
I don't see a Top 5 player and the #1 center going to school with already such a crowded frontcourt.

Reaction Score
I think everyone gets that you have a ridiculous amount of hatred for dook, but do you really have to bring up race and homosexuality every single time? You usually have some good stuff to say on this board, but stuff like this is just embarrassing...
There is no reason to be so sensitive what Scot-e post. It was not racist at all. It is however well known that Duke does in fact attracts the majority of white HS All Americans. Don't agree? Well just look at the rosters of the McDonald's All American games and you will have a better understanding what Scote was implying.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the Tilton pipeline! I like our chances and think we'll be right there till the end. Hopefully the staff will get it done.

Isn't Noel 2014? I hope he reclassifies to 2013. He'd be a nice replacement for AD assuming he's a one-and-done. If not, I love the idea of twin towers.

Reaction Score
Don't forget the Tilton pipeline! I like our chances and think we'll be right there till the end. Hopefully the staff will get it done.

Isn't Noel 2014? I hope he reclassifies to 2013. He'd be a nice replacement for AD assuming he's a one-and-done. If not, I love the idea of twin towers.
Noel is 2013. However there have been rumors he may reclassify to 2012. It could be like Andre Drummond all over again!

Reaction Score
There is no reason to be so sensitive what Scot-e post. It was not racist at all. It is however well known that Duke does in fact attracts the majority of white HS All Americans. Don't agree? Well just look at the rosters of the McDonald's All American games and you will have a better understanding what Scote was implying.
Thanks for the update...I'm well aware of that trend as is anyone else that watches college basketball. I never said he was being racist, and he wasn't "implying" anything he was pretty up front.

I just think we can have a little more constructive conversation on this board than saying things like 'black kids can't play at dook' or 'only gays go to dook'.

Noel would have no issue going to any of the schools he lists. He'd be showcased (but not developed) at UK, no issue starting over any of the plumlees, and would be a great fit here developing under JC...I agree with most other posters though, Syracuse is a bit of a head scratcher...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update...I'm well aware of that trend as is anyone else that watches college basketball. I never said he was being racist, and he wasn't "implying" anything he was pretty up front.

I just think we can have a little more constructive conversation on this board than saying things like 'black kids can't play at dook' or 'only gays go to dook'.

Noel would have no issue going to any of the schools he lists. He'd be showcased (but not developed) at UK, no issue starting over any of the plumlees, and would be a great fit here developing under JC...I agree with most other posters though, Syracuse is a bit of a head scratcher...

Scot-e was simply trying to stereotype the Duke center with a little humor and if we cannot laugh a little what fun is a board like this? Seriously do we need to point out all the Parks, Beards, Randolphs. Gminski's, etc etc etc ................obviously not racist whatsoever!!! Let it go................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom