Daily Campus writer tries out for walk-on spot | The Boneyard

Daily Campus writer tries out for walk-on spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL.

I am 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weigh only 136 pounds. I have never put on a football helmet. That being said, it only seemed reasonable to participate in last Friday's UConn football walk-on tryouts.

Sizing up my competition was intimidating. These were only the walk-ons? My spot in line followed a tough guy measuring in at 6-foot-3. The visual comparison surely made me appear far worse, but the line order was predetermined. There was nothing I could do, except beat him in everything. Spoiler alert, I didn't.

Why it’s important to cheer at games

Reaction Score
Good for him! Great story, thanks for posting.

But what an angle, enroll for a course at UConn, hell audit the course. Sign up for the try out and get a nice tour of the facilities. Who's in?

For me, the good news is I have put on 30 lbs since lining up as a 2 year starter at FS for a two time state champion (who cares if it is the 2d smallest state in the nation!). The bad news is I can see all 30 lbs when I look in the mirror, or try to see my belt buckle. Worse, that extra 30 lbs has probably shaved a full second off my 40 time, presuming I could complete a 40 yard dash. I'm guessing my email would arrive at 2:16 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom