Daily Campus frontpage | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Daily Campus frontpage

Reaction Score
Agreed plenty of great work. How they treat the people who do the great work is the problem.

Tech company rent seeking based on the fact that passionate sports fans will work their rear ends to write about their teams for a pittance.
Not to hijack the thread completely, but you're right about that for the most part. That said, they've gotten MUCH better in the last 18 months or so. Is it enough? Absolutely not. But our pay has increased significantly and so have our budgets so that team blog managers can now pay staff (a little bit) and have opportunities that were previously only available to the full-time .com folks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not to hijack the thread completely, but you're right about that for the most part. That said, they've gotten MUCH better in the last 18 months or so. Is it enough? Absolutely not. But our pay has increased significantly and so have our budgets so that team blog managers can now pay staff (a little bit) and have opportunities that were previously only available to the full-time .com folks.

ok - good news.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
No escalators has ruined UConn twitter and created a toxic following. He is not funny at all anymore and a shell of his former self. He was a great follow during the 2014 run but now is just a constant barrage of complaint after complaint. With so many followers, it sucks that he is seen as the kingpin of UConn twitter becuase frankly he seems like a negative and pessimistic human. UConn has done nothing since 2014 to prove we are better than this conference. I must assume that he has influenced this writer because it is clear they have provided no new information within this article and is just regurgitating everything any fan who has been following the program closely already knows. I've never seen someone actively root against their own program and situation as much as he does. He reminds me of KFC from barstool the way he is just always pessimistic and never has anything positive to say. It's really sad someone like this has such an influence on followers of the program.
I just read some of the posts on noescalators for the first time. I suspect he will regret his social media tattoo as time goes by. He does not come across well.

Reaction Score
Hopeless optimism is nice, but it’s not particularly smart.

Reaction Score
Lol Houston isn't stuck in the AAC don't kid yourself. They care about sports and they have a ton of money, they need one of the other Texas schools to let them play and they are in.
They are not getting accepted into the B12 as long as Texas is there. They were the last into the old SWC. They were left behind when the B12 was formed.

Reaction Score
Really these folks who think the NBE is the answer are just fooling themselves. Outside of Villanova, that is a very overrated league. Though as I predicted it has been a godsend for the teams like St Johns PC Seton Hall, teams that couldn’t compete when they had to face UConn Syracuse Pitt West Virginia regularly. That is just reality. Suddenly they are tournament teams and people pretend it is because they’ve suddenly gotten better. Try the schedule has suddenly gotten much easier.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
They are not getting accepted into the B12 as long as Texas is there. They were the last into the old SWC. They were left behind when the B12 was formed.

Like my post said they need one of the Texas schools to let them play, which include leaving the big12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Like my post said they need one of the Texas schools to let them play, which include leaving the big12.

Think Texas would ever bolt? I just don't see where they would go that offers them as much as the Big12.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Think Texas would ever bolt? I just don't see where they would go that offers them as much as the Big12.

Texas could go to the SEC, they have a network they do not care about what conference they are in they drive the bus.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Texas could go to the SEC, they have a network they do not care about what conference they are in they drive the bus.

None of the other big conferences are going to let them in with their own network. They'd only want UT in to benefit financially (in every way) from UT's presence. They don't want UT's network competing with their own.

UT is in the B12 precisely cause they can call the shots and have their own network.

Unless things shift drastically, I'd don't see them going anywhere.

Reaction Score
Really these folks who think the NBE is the answer are just fooling themselves. Outside of Villanova, that is a very overrated league. Though as I predicted it has been a godsend for the teams like St Johns PC Seton Hall, teams that couldn’t compete when they had to face UConn Syracuse Pitt West Virginia regularly. That is just reality. Suddenly they are tournament teams and people pretend it is because they’ve suddenly gotten better. Try the schedule has suddenly gotten much easier.

That is what annoys me about their whole mantra. Yes I wish we still played our conference tournament in Madison Square Garden. Yes I understand the problems and uphill challenges of the AAC. But to think our problems will be solved by dropping football and rejoining that league is insane. It is not the same league. Marquette, Seton Hall, and St John's looked like mid majors in their tournament games against Murray State, Wofford, and Arizona State. Outside of Nova, that league does nothing for me even if it's stronger in the middle and bottom than the AAC. And while the BET certainly has better attendance and atmosphere than the AAC tournament, you barely remember it's on TV on FS. These reasons are not nearly enough to justify raising the white flag on football.

The AAC is strong in football and baseball. It is improving and has potential in men's hoop. It is awful in women's hoop. It has hurt us in many ways but not nearly as much as Kevin Ollie and Bob Diaco. If Jim Penders can win in baseball in this league and against Power 5 playing the first 2 months of the season on the road there is no reason we shouldn't be able to field competitive teams in men's hoop and football.

Reaction Score
We're one of the worst athletic programs in the AAC in sports people care about. UConn actively makes it a worse conference.
Our football program is bad.

Our women's basketball program is the best ever.

Our men's basketball program has been mediocre by it's own standards, but has won an AAC tournament title, appeared in two other conference title games. Oh, and won a national championship.

Our baseball program is very good.

Our women's soccer team has been bad, but is historically very good, better by far than any other program in the conference (7 titles).

Our men's soccer team has been good. They are also historically better than any other team in the league with 2 titles.

Our women's volleyball, women's lacrosse, softball, and men's tennis programs are mediocre.

Our women's volleyball has been bad.

But as a whole athletic department, we are the best in the conference, both now and historically.

Reaction Score
I used to post here all the time, but I got tired of non-contributing chuds attacking me every time the best-case scenario related to information I posted didn't pan out.
Which is unfortunate because you are a good poster and most of the people on this site are know-nothings.

Reaction Score
For those who have no idea what Russ and I are talking about.

https://deadspin.com/how-sb-nation-profits-off-an-army-of-exploited-workers-1797653841
ok - good news.
Amazing what happens when two people who know what they're talking about engage reasonably with each other.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
No escalators has ruined UConn twitter and created a toxic following. He is not funny at all anymore and a shell of his former self. He was a great follow during the 2014 run but now is just a constant barrage of complaint after complaint. With so many followers, it sucks that he is seen as the kingpin of UConn twitter becuase frankly he seems like a negative and pessimistic human. UConn has done nothing since 2014 to prove we are better than this conference. I must assume that he has influenced this writer because it is clear they have provided no new information within this article and is just regurgitating everything any fan who has been following the program closely already knows. I've never seen someone actively root against their own program and situation as much as he does. He reminds me of KFC from barstool the way he is just always pessimistic and never has anything positive to say. It's really sad someone like this has such an influence on followers of the program.
This is funny. You don't like sans escalators huh?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Our football program is bad.

Our women's basketball program is the best ever.

Our men's basketball program has been mediocre by it's own standards, but has won an AAC tournament title, appeared in two other conference title games. Oh, and won a national championship.

Our baseball program is very good.

Our women's soccer team has been bad, but is historically very good, better by far than any other program in the conference (7 titles).

Our men's soccer team has been good. They are also historically better than any other team in the league with 2 titles.

Our women's volleyball, women's lacrosse, softball, and men's tennis programs are mediocre.

Our women's volleyball has been bad.

But as a whole athletic department, we are the best in the conference, both now and historically.

If only we could include Women's Field Hockey, we'd be P5 already.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I used to post here all the time, but I got tired of non-contributing chuds attacking me every time the best-case scenario related to information I posted didn't pan out.

Edit: Also, Russ is short. And he smells.

Bruce don't be a pvssy and come back to us. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom