Daily Campus Column: Rhett Lashlee should be UConn football head coach sooner rather than later | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Daily Campus Column: Rhett Lashlee should be UConn football head coach sooner rather than later

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
He isn't leaving for any big OC job, he just left a big OC job. He needs about three years here and then he'll want a HC job, whether here or somewhere else.

I think you got to the root of it here. Now the question is, will the HC gigs available in 3 years be good P5 jobs, or would they be lateral moves? I'm hoping he will be willing to wait it out a couple extra years here to stay with something he already helped build up, rather than have to right the ship somewhere else.

Unless the REAL P5 schools come calling again. Head bang

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Daily Campus needs to have the freedom to write as they see fit. No one on this board would want us to be censored. No one should limit the Daily Campus. The column was well written and cogent. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

Criticizing the quality of a piece is in no way the same thing as calling for censorship...

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Only want Lashlee if he’s committed long term to UConn which I doubt would be the case

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Daily Campus needs to have the freedom to write as they see fit. No one on this board would want us to be censored. No one should limit the Daily Campus. The column was well written and cogent. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it.

Written by someone with no knowledge of the college football landscape, of Rhett Lashlee or why he left an OC job at Auburn to come here. What’s this about censorship? I’m just talking about bad, lazy journalism.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
No he is not ready. Does everyone forget where he came from? He was OC at Auburn already, and left there to come here. With a $250k pay cut! I know it boggles the mind, but he did. Why did he do it? He wants to be a HC, and needs to learn from some other experienced people aside from Malzahn. Whatever we may think of him, Edsall has quite a bit of respect in the profession. Lashlee is here to learn. He isn't leaving for any big OC job, he just left a big OC job. He needs about three years here and then he'll want a HC job, whether here or somewhere else.
He was an OC in name only. Malzahn was calling the shots. He has alot to still prove when it comes to situational play calling and game managing.
He will not be here in 3 years.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He was an OC in name only. Malzahn was calling the shots. He has alot to still prove when it comes to situational play calling and game managing.
He will not be here in 3 years.

Yeah, they paid him $800k a year to do nothing. Certainly he had less freedom. But he'd also been with Malzahn for a long time and wanted to learn from somebody different. He probably won't be here in 3 years, unless he is HC. But he won't be leaving for an OC job.

Reaction Score
The world of football if full of terrific coordinators who turned out to be lousy head coaches. Being good at one doesn’t automatically translate. Sometime it does. Just no guarantee. I mean can you say Charlie Weis? How about Bob Diaco?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Yeah, they paid him $800k a year to do nothing. Certainly he had less freedom. But he'd also been with Malzahn for a long time and wanted to learn from somebody different. He probably won't be here in 3 years, unless he is HC. But he won't be leaving for an OC job.

I do think it's possible he leaves for an OC job with a top program with an aging coach. Like Alabama. Its more likely he leaves UConn for a HC job for a mid level P5 program. Like a South Carolina or NC St or Maryland. Not saying those schools specifically, but schools similar to them.

I think it's very unlikely he is ever HC here....Or OC here for more than a year or two.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom