D. Foxx | The Boneyard

D. Foxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone know his status? Injury? Still with the program?

Could not find him on the sidelines.

Reaction Score
Same with Marcus Campbell. Looked for 26 all day.

Reaction Score
I believe Marcus is no longer with the team( don't know if its rules suspension or academics). Don't know about Foxx

Reaction Score
Yeah let's not use two good backs. That would require some thinking. Or, here's a thought, why not be smart and red shirt him if you're not gonna use him like they did with Nebrich. Oh wait . . . . never mind.

Reaction Score
why does everyone have a hard on for redshirting?....I realize that HCRE always did, but the player doesn't always require it

if you think they have the ability why not let them try and step it to the occasion instead of making them ride the bench for a year?

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I believe Marcus is no longer with the team( don't know if its rules suspension or academics). Don't know about Foxx
I can confirm that Marcus isn't on the team anymore. I can not specify on the situation however. As far as Foxx, I'm pretty sure I saw him out there.

Reaction Score
Deshon Foxx was definitely on the sidelines yesterday, #10.......he just got replaced by Taylor Mack for kick returns

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I'm all for redshirting players. I think back to 2004 when we had Matt Lawrence, TC, and Cornell Brockington in the same class which could have been avoided if Edsall had kept Matt's redshirt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
why does everyone have a hard on for redshirting?....I realize that HCRE always did, but the player doesn't always require it

if you think they have the ability why not let them try and step it to the occasion instead of making them ride the bench for a year?

There are only 2 reasons to NOT redshirt a player, IMO: 1.) The player has true NFL potential, and will likely leave early as a result, or 2.) You promised him while recruiting.

Football is such a physical sport that the redshirt year really does help. But the thing that everyone sometimes forgets is that a redshirt almost forces a kid NOT to transfer. Mike Nebrich could transfer this year to UVA (if UVA wants him, of course), redshirt next year, and still have 3 years of eligibility remaining - exactly the same amount he has at UConn. Had he redshirted this year, though, he'd have to decide - 4 years at UConn vs. 3 years at UVA.

I am not crazy about the concept of doing something to essentially force kids to lose options, but you can't deny that its a potentially huge benefit.

Reaction Score
I'm all for redshirting players. I think back to 2004 when we had Matt Lawrence, TC, and Cornell Brockington in the same class which could have been avoided if Edsall had kept Matt's redshirt on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with a redshirt if we have a veteran coming in who has held the job for at least a year, however, coming into this year the RB position was extremely in question and I'm sure HCPP wanted to have all his options available

Reaction Score
Deshon Foxx was definitely on the sidelines yesterday, #10.......he just got replaced by Taylor Mack for kick returns

Thanks. Was looking all over for him and did not see him. Could be a good one with a little time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom