D and the Merc in LA | The Boneyard

D and the Merc in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My good friend the hot-shot LA lawyer invited us to join him and his wife to see the Sparks vs. Phoenix game tonight at the Staples Center in LA. Should be really good seats, I'm guessing! Looking forward to seeing Diana and Charde, throw in BG and CP for good measure, plus it should be a very entertaining game. I'll TRY to get some pix and report in!

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Nope.

It's on the 2. Diana hot -- under the collar and from the floor. Got a T. And it's getting chippy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great game by Dee. Nice to see the best player in the world drop 32 points in the win!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
One more technical foul for D and she'll be suspended for a game. It's clear that opponents try to get her worked up (lots of clutching and grabbing by LA last night) knowing that Diana will take the bait and commit a dumb foul and then argue with the refs. She draws a lot of fouls -- a topic that was mentioned during last night's broadcast -- but she also becomes easily frustrated and responds by swinging elbows, etc. I wish she would resist the bait but she seems incapable of doing so. Still, she is a joy to watch when not consumed by frustration at how the game is being officiated.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Watched the 2nd half of the game and it was physical. DT knocked down a few times.

After game over when teams hi-5 each other C. Parker of the Sparks tried to do a little hug thing instead of the Hi-5 and DT wanted no part of that cushy stuff, and walked away and avoided the Sparks as the players turned to go back to their locker rooms.
Dont know if the game is archived on ESPN3 and even if it was I dont know if they would stick with it that long to show it again.

Reaction Score
Well, I had a real fun time at the game last night! My buddy had gotten luxury box seats for us from his law firm, not too close to the court but a great vantage place and pretty much at mid-court. We were disappointed BG didn't play, but Phoenix played well without her. As always, it was an immense joy watching Diana pretty much do whatever she wanted on the court, despite the clutching and grabbing that the refs wouldn't call. I said during the game, that while she racks up the fouls from the other team and scores a lot from the line, the refs only call every third or fourth foul. The Mercury look like a much more balanced team than the Sparks, who look like its CP3 and a bunch of role players. Taylor, Bonner and Dupree all helped D in the scoring. Charde got lots of minutes, and wasn't very productive numbers-wise but she plays with a lot of energy and really helped on defense, and she did score a couple of key baskets late down the stretch when the game was still in doubt. Not terribly impressed with the Merc coach, this game should have never been as close as it was. Why she sat D and Penny at the same time late and let the Sparks get back in it is a mystery to me, seemed very unnecessary and was almost very costly. The Sparks could be the PRETTIEST team in the WNBA, some very attractive women on the team. All in all it was a very fun night, though we old farts could have done with less noise, lights and distractions that accompany the game these days!!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix looked much better with Taylor playing well. Her 16 points were a very good sign for the team going forward. Having her take shots instead of Gilbreath really helps this team. I'm excited about seeing the team play when BG returns to play with the complete team, including DT, Taylor, Bonner and Deupree. If they can incorporate BG successfully they are definitely going to trend upward.

Reaction Score
In Diana and Penny, the Merc have two players that make everyone else on the floor play better! I also can't wait to see BG fully incorporated into this lineup, they will be very tough to beat! It will be very hard to guard any of the three one-on-one, but how could you double with so much talent on the floor????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom